• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 2022 XLT

Fordgirl2021

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer XLT
We ordered a 2022 XLT 4WD with sport package on 12/28. Added moonroof, copilot assist, navigation, tech pkg 202A, removed start stop. Went into production on 1/19 and has been showing on tracker as in production ever since. The dealer says it was sent offsite waiting on chip, that was still the latest info he has as of this week. I have been seeing lots of people getting build updates and shipped emails, I’m hopeful mine will be soon. Has anyone else ordered around this time and will be getting their Explorer soon?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We ordered a 2022 XLT 4WD with sport package on 12/28. Added moonroof, copilot assist, navigation, tech pkg 202A, removed start stop. Went into production on 1/19 and has been showing on tracker as in production ever since. The dealer says it was sent offsite waiting on chip, that was still the latest info he has as of this week. I have been seeing lots of people getting build updates and shipped emails, I’m hopeful mine will be soon. Has anyone else ordered around this time and will be getting their Explorer soon?
Ordered in September. In production since 12-9. Waiting on a chip. Could be months.

I ordered on 1/28/22 , delivered today, 3/02/22. Must have gotten lucky.

Yes sir. XLT 4WD , Agate Black, Sport Appearance PKG, Moonroof, Trailer Hitch, CoPilot 360+
Good for you! Many of us have had cars built and sitting for months waiting for a microchip.

Good for you! Many of us have had cars built and sitting for months waiting for a microchip
I honestly can't believe how quick the XLT was built. I also ordered an ST on 2/24, but still no production date yet. That one is going to take a while. Apparently the ST's are all backordered due to them "waiting on parts", but they can't/won't tell me which parts they are. Assuming chips and possibly something else.

My delivery date has disappeared. Timberline build on 2/20. Says it’s shipped.

I ordered a 2022 ST on 12/10, it went into production in 01/24 and is now parked in a lot somewhere still waiting for semiconductors. I feel your pain and wish us both luck. On one email I received it said estimated delivery of 05/17 but that has disappeared, now there is no estimated delivery on the tracker. 😢 🚗

I ordered a 2022 ST on 12/10, it went into production in 01/24 and is now parked in a lot somewhere still waiting for semiconductors. I feel your pain and wish us both luck. On one email I received it said estimated delivery of 05/17 but that has disappeared, now there is no estimated delivery on the tracker. 😢 🚗
My delivery date has disappeared too on the tracker 😩 i double checked with our salesman and he could still see delivery date range on his end.

Maybe we will get our 22s when the 24s come out.

That was last month's news and I don't believe it has anything to do with delayed deliveries. I believe that ford/Lincoln decided to just stop entering delivery dates because they were so inaccurate and constantly changing due to shortages of parts/chips. This was also noted on the Lincoln forum.
It got to the point where a delivery date didn't mean anything.

Peter

Got a mid may delivery date now. At this point do I have some kind of argument for a discount considering it’s gonna be an old model by the time I get it?

There still is no info on the 2023 Explorer production schedule that I have found.

Peter

Back