Ordered a 2015 Sport.. Black Exterior/Sienna Interior | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered a 2015 Sport.. Black Exterior/Sienna Interior

familysport

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
What a great site.. Thanks..

After three weeks of looking for what to buy and jumping from one vehicle to the next and then back again we put a deposit on a 2015 Sport.

Could not find one at a dealer with Sienna interior... so we ordered one with all available options (except DVD).

Now the wait... Have never ordered a car from the factory before..

Can anyone share what the process will be from this point on?

What should we be on the look out for?

Pitfalls that we can avoid or will have to deal with?

Just trying to get the scoop on the process from someone other than the sales person.

If this is the wrong area for my thread.. please advise

Thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah.. just got my vin# today... downloaded my window sticker... very cool.. Thanks

Congrats familysport! That is nice having the ability to download the window sticker. Got my Vin last week but the window sticker won't be available for a couple more weeks.

Thank you... Why would it take so long before you can access your window sticker after you have the vin?... Does that mean my dealership has had my vin for a while before letting me know it?

Either way... it really is cool having the window sticker.. Hope you get to have yours very soon...

Thank you... Why would it take so long before you can access your window sticker after you have the vin?...

Hi familysport,

Window stickers typically don't populate until about a week before the vehicle enters production. If you have any other questions, just let me know! :)

Crystal

Thank you for that insight on the window sticker availability..

Based on the web site that breaks the numbers down... my sticker has the number 120141018... the site reads that my Explorer was built in North America (1) and has a build date of Oct 18 (1018) 2014..

If the sticker is not available until a week prior to production..

Does this mean that my Explorer has not been built as of yet..

If not... based on the build date number is my Explorer on its way to the Northwest (live in Vancouver WA)?.

Thanks

Thank you for that insight on the window sticker availability..

Based on the web site that breaks the numbers down... my sticker has the number 120141018... the site reads that my Explorer was built in North America (1) and has a build date of Oct 18 (1018) 2014..

If the sticker is not available until a week prior to production..

Does this mean that my Explorer has not been built as of yet..

If not... based on the build date number is my Explorer on its way to the Northwest (live in Vancouver WA)?.

Thanks

Hi familysport,

Send me a PM with your VIN and I'll be able to get these details for you. Additionally, I can provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Tom Petty was right.... The waiting is the hardest part.... Ford says my sport is in transit and is scheduled to arrive at my dealership Nov 2 (Sunday?)...

It's just nice to know something from someone else rather than me thinking about what might be going on..

The Ford Reps were very nice and courteous... So far between my dealership, this site and Ford... The waiting has become less stressful..

Being an impatient person who has never ordered a factory direct anything Ford, this site and it's members have been a Great asset to us.

Thanks again...

Tom Petty was right.... The waiting is the hardest part.... Ford says my sport is in transit and is scheduled to arrive at my dealership Nov 2 (Sunday?)...

Hang in there, your getting closer!:thumbsup:

The worst that can happen now is it falls off the train :D

Aww... never thought about that one... Now I'll have thoughts of one of those dummies you see on TV running through the crossing gates into My Train...

Thanks a bunch!!.. LOL

Aww... never thought about that one... Now I'll have thoughts of one of those dummies you see on TV running through the crossing gates into My Train...

Thanks a bunch!!.. LOL

:chug: Enjoy your new ride.

Hey Crystal... Pm'd you my vin last week as per your request.. any updates available?..

Thank you for your time and effort....

Hey Crystal... Pm'd you my vin last week as per your request.. any updates available?..

Thank you for your time and effort....

Hi, familysport!

Just send me a PM when you're ready for an update and I'll check on your ride. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back