Ordered a 2022 ST

SuperGordo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST
Just want to jump in and say hello. My wife and I ordered an ST to her exacting specs on 11-5-21. Received our confirmation on 11-6-21. She pretty much ordered every option. She got the bench seat in the 2nd row. Even the darn head rest TVs. The High performance brakes. Technology package. And more... Then a week later Ford changed the ordering options. Now 2wd is available. which me personally I'd prefer. But for what it's worth I'd rather my wife have all 4 wheels turning on the pavement... So we are not changing the order. She also chose Forged Green. Which looks promising. Hoping to get a build update soon. We will see!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the 6th gen Forum. :wave:

Peter

Just want to jump in and say hello. My wife and I ordered an ST to her exacting specs on 11-5-21. Received our confirmation on 11-6-21. She pretty much ordered every option. She got the bench seat in the 2nd row. Even the darn head rest TVs. The High performance brakes. Technology package. And more... Then a week later Ford changed the ordering options. Now 2wd is available. which me personally I'd prefer. But for what it's worth I'd rather my wife have all 4 wheels turning on the pavement... So we are not changing the order. She also chose Forged Green. Which looks promising. Hoping to get a build update soon. We will see!
How was the vehicle priced? A local dealer is offering invoice on orders.

How was the vehicle priced? A local dealer is offering invoice on orders.
Fair question. I'm friends with the sales manager at one of my local dealers. He usually knocks the cars to invoice for me and I just come pick them up. He just tells me when to come sign. No haggling, no waiting at the dealer. All that said, the car is priced at about 63k the way my wife optioned it. After that I paid my deposit and walked away. Won't know how big the discount is until it arrives.

red every option. She got the bench seat in the 2nd row. Even the darn head rest TVs. The High performance brakes. Technology package. And more... Then a week later Ford changed the ordering options. Now 2wd is available. which me personally I'd prefer. But for what it's worth I'd rather my wife have all 4 wheels turning on the pavement... So we are not changing the order. She also chose Forged Green. Which looks promising. Hoping to get a build update soon. We will see!

My wife pretty much chose the same build. Order Date 11/24
ST
Forged Green
401A
Tech Package
no roof racks/rails
2nd Row Captains
Twin Panel Moonroof
stop start delete

Dealer said higher end models seem to be getting priority, and that they just did 2 special order platinum's, and they were built in 4 weeks with about 2-3 weeks ship time. I ended up using X plan as the 2 dealers I went to weren't willing to haggle. Both were at MSRP only.

ST
Forged Green
401A
Tech Package
no roof racks
Twin Panel Moonroof
stop start delete

Dealer said higher end models seem to be getting priority, and that they just did 2 special order platinum's, and they were built in 4 weeks with about 2-3 weeks ship time. I ended up using X plan as the 2 dealers I went to weren't willing to haggle. Both were at MSRP only.
My wife ordered the roof rails, but not the racks. Didn't do the stop start delete. didn't know that was a thing until after we ordered it. We also went with the high performance brake package, floor mats, the TV screens. I didn't want those, but happy wife happy life right??? She also chose the 35/30/35 Bench seat for the middle row. But yes ours are very close. We chose the Forged green on a chance. I got lucky and saw a Forged green Timberline at autozone a week ago, and it looked very nice. We ordered ours 11/5. But I haven't seen any update from Ford since their initial email. So I'm just sitting here waiting.

My wife ordered the roof rails, but not the racks. Didn't do the stop start delete. didn't know that was a thing until after we ordered it. We also went with the high performance brake package, floor mats, the TV screens. I didn't want those, but happy wife happy life right??? She also chose the 35/30/35 Bench seat for the middle row. But yes ours are very close. We chose the Forged green on a chance. I got lucky and saw a Forged green Timberline at autozone a week ago, and it looked very nice. We ordered ours 11/5. But I haven't seen any update from Ford since their initial email. So I'm just sitting here waiting.
We chose no rails / racks. Didn't go with the Entertainment system as the kids each have iPads. We saw a sport in green, and that was it, she was sold. I couldn't talk her into any other color. I am not sold on the color yet.

We chose no rails / racks. Didn't go with the Entertainment system as the kids each have iPads. We saw a sport in green, and that was it, she was sold. I couldn't talk her into any other color. I am not sold on the color yet.
I really didn't want the entertainment system....but....wives and stuff...

The roof rails are optional only on the ST starting in the 21 model year, all other trim levels get the rails, no choice. Also, if you decide you don't like the auto stop/start defaulting to on every time you start the car, you can get an 2020-2021 Ford Explorer Autostop Eliminator and then it will remember the last position you choose. You can still use the auto stop/start if you choose to, just turn it back on by pressing the button.

The roof rails are optional only on the ST starting in the 21 model year, all other trim levels get the rails, no choice. Also, if you decide you don't like the auto stop/start defaulting to on every time you start the car, you can get an 2020-2021 Ford Explorer Autostop Eliminator and then it will remember the last position you choose. You can still use the auto stop/start if you choose to, just turn it back on by pressing the button.
Awesome! Great to know! Thanks for the info! My wife likes the roof rails. She says she likes how they make the car look. I would have skipped them. However it's for her, so whatever. When I get my chance to drive it and put the throttle down, I won't care about the rails!

Get it tuned, a custom tune really wakes up the ST. Also if your tall like me, you will appreciate the RWD based platform. There is a lot more legroom in the footwell. I had an 18 sport before the ST, and there is a huge difference in the comfort between the 2, in case you didn't know the previous generation, 11-19 were FWD. The bodies are roughly the same size but the 11-19's had a 113" wheelbase and the 20+ has a 119" WB and all 6" went to front legroom.

Get it tuned, a custom tune really wakes up the ST. Also if your tall like me, you will appreciate the RWD based platform. There is a lot more legroom in the footwell. I had an 18 sport before the ST, and there is a huge difference in the comfort between the 2, in case you didn't know the previous generation, 11-19 were FWD. The bodies are roughly the same size but the 11-19's had a 113" wheelbase and the 20+ has a 119" WB and all 6" went to front legroom.
Well I'm a sky scraping 5'7" haha!! As for the Tune, I'd love to do that but since my wife will be the primary driver and she has a real knack for "remodeling" and "customizing" vehicles(if you all know what I mean). Then the stock 400hp will be more than enough.....

ST
Forged Green
401A
Tech Package
no roof racks/rails
2nd Row Captains
Twin Panel Moonroof
stop start delete

Apparently the ST does not have the option to delete the Start/Stop feature. It is only an option on those with the 2.3L Ecoboost engine.

Peter

ST
Forged Green
401A
Tech Package
no roof racks/rails
2nd Row Captains
Twin Panel Moonroof
stop start delete

How did you get the dealer to add the delete start stop to the order? At the dealer now and they said it’s not available to do on the 22 ST. TIA

How did you get the dealer to add the delete start stop to the order? At the dealer now and they said it’s not available to do on the 22 ST. TIA
Maybe they didn't. I asked him to, he clicked something and said "All set, I did the same with my car."

Maybe they didn't. I asked him to, he clicked something and said "All set, I did the same with my car."
Thanks for the reply. He asked the manager while I was there but they said it wasn’t available anymore.

Thanks for the reply. He asked the manager while I was there but they said it wasn’t available anymore.

Just got back from the dealer where I placed my first ever car order - awesome experience.
Order Date 11/30
ST
Star White
401A
Premium Tech Package
no roof racks/rails
2nd Row Captains
Twin Panel Moonroof
Splash guards

One question I had going into the dealer was the optional ST high performance pack add-on for $600. The only difference between the Street Pack and this was the actual brake pads which are upgraded. Rims, tires, and red calipers are the same. I did not get the upgraded brakes.

Just got back from the dealer where I placed my first ever car order - awesome experience.
Order Date 11/30
ST
Star White
401A
Premium Tech Package
no roof racks/rails
2nd Row Captains
Twin Panel Moonroof
Splash guards

One question I had going into the dealer was the optional ST high performance pack add-on for $600. The only difference between the Street Pack and this was the actual brake pads which are upgraded. Rims, tires, and red calipers are the same. I did not get the upgraded brakes.
I heard the pack add on was pads only, and did not opt for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We opted for the Pack add on. Guess we will see how it goes.
If you are referring the st Street Pack, Here is what you get. There is also an ST High Performance Street Pack, 68T that adds High Performance Brakes.

1638993028380.png

Peter

Back