Ordered a 22 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered a 22

well let's build the damn car and Let's go!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Everyone, new to the Forum! I just placed an order today for the limited 301A AWD with the stop start eliminated. Hoping that helps to push the build time up. I had a 20 ST that spend more time in the shop than in my driveway. Dealer bought it back and got me into an expedition. I like it but to big and uses to much gas. Excited for the New Explorer. Hopefully won't have the same troubles my ST did.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Good luck with the Limited.

Peter

Seems like they do whatever as I never had a delivery date till they said it was being shipped. Then delivery was March 3-9 and dealer called last week that it was delivered Feb 23.

Seems like they do whatever as I never had a delivery date till they said it was being shipped. Then delivery was March 3-9 and dealer called last week that it was delivered Feb 23.
Now you can update your profile which still shows the Traverse. ;)

Peter

Good evening,

I ordered a 22 XLT 202a on Jan 22, 22. Order confirmed on Jan 26. Marked as in production and sent to plant on Feb 24. Blend date of 2022 03 06. Dealer advised priority code 10.

My salesman just told me that it is in production, but no VIN Number yet.

Good evening,

I ordered a 22 XLT 202a on Jan 22, 22. Order confirmed on Jan 26. Marked as in production and sent to plant on Feb 24. Blend date of 2022 03 06. Dealer advised priority code 10.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

We have a 2017 Platinum, and we're kicking around the idea of ordering a 2022. My dealer has been advertising a $1000 bonus incentive for ordering a unit, but he says this offer is targeted and we are not listed with Ford to receive the offer. Anybody know how this works? Our 2017 is financed through Ford credit, and we only have 3 payments left.

My timberline delivery date has now changed from 3/15 to 5/15. Pretty frustrating. St this point my new car is going to be an old model. Do we have any argument for some kind of a pricing deal?

We have a 2017 Platinum, and we're kicking around the idea of ordering a 2022. My dealer has been advertising a $1000 bonus incentive for ordering a unit, but he says this offer is targeted and we are not listed with Ford to receive the offer. Anybody know how this works? Our 2017 is financed through Ford credit, and we only have 3 payments left.
I would think that your dealer would be the one to ask. I can only guess that perhaps it is for first-time buyers. The other thing to check is if it is a dealer or Ford offered incentive. The Ford website says to contact your dealer for any incentives other than those listed. Also, most of the incentives are for vehicles taken from the dealer's retail stock. You can also extend your lease.

Peter

My timberline delivery date has now changed from 3/15 to 5/15. Pretty frustrating. St this point my new car is going to be an old model. Do we have any argument for some kind of a pricing deal?
Mine doesn’t even show an estimated delivery date anymore… It original said 2/13 then pushed to 5/14 and now it’s gone. haven’t gotten any emailed from Ford. My dealer says it’s still waiting for a chip. I have no idea. I guess I’ll just be surprised- eventually.

I would think that your dealer would be the one to ask. I can only guess that perhaps it is for first-time buyers. The other thing to check is if it is a dealer or Ford offered incentive. The Ford website says to contact your dealer for any incentives other than those listed. Also, most of the incentives are for vehicles taken from the dealer's retail stock. You can also extend your lease.

Peter
My dealer says it's a targeted incentive for current owners. Not for first time buyers and it's through Ford, not the dealer. They want me to call Ford and see if they'll add me to the offer. Our 2017 is a purchase, not a lease.

My dealer says it's a targeted incentive for current owners. Not for first time buyers and it's through Ford, not the dealer. They want me to call Ford and see if they'll add me to the offer. Our 2017 is a purchase, not a lease.
Sorry, I immediately thought of a lease when you stated you only had 3 payments left. All mine have been leases.
I wonder if this is what it is.
1646594377472.png

Peter

Sorry, I immediately thought of a lease when you stated you only had 3 payments left. All mine have been leases.
I wonder if this is what it is.
View attachment 427077

Peter
I suppose it is possible they targeted only current lease holders and not those of us who purchased through Ford Financial.

I suppose it is possible they targeted only current lease holders and not those of us who purchased through Ford Financial.
Usually, both are included in Ford's incentives.

When we ordered in January the $1,000 was an incentive for custom ordering a vehicle with in a certain timeframe. It doesn’t look like you could use it for a dealer stock order. The deal is still being advertised on Fords website and the explorer is one of listed models.

87EC7719-27D8-4D4C-B062-983DDE28C20B.png

When we ordered in January the $1,000 was an incentive for custom ordering a vehicle with in a certain timeframe. It doesn’t look like you could use it for a dealer stock order. The deal is still being advertised on Fords website and the explorer is one of listed models.
Is that for Califonia as well? When I went to the website with a California zip code, I did not see that offer. Not all offers apply to all locations sometimes.

Peter

View attachment 427080
This is not for a dealer stock unit. We are going to order an Explorer, and the offer is good on special ordered units through 4-4-22.
Is that for Califonia as well? When I went to the website with a California zip code, I did not see that offer. Not all offers apply to all locations sometimes.

Peter
My California dealer is included in the promo, but they put your name into the Ford system and it has to come up that you are eligible which it did not. That's why my dealer is telling me to call Ford and request that they add me to the promotion list.

Guess nothjj on big is correct on fords end. Just got the call that my timeline has arrived. Keep everyone posted once I grab it in the next few days

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess nothjj on big is correct on fords end. Just got the call that my timeline has arrived. Keep everyone posted once I grab it in the next few days
Need a proofreader? ;) Your timelime has arrived?? I think you meant Timberline. Not sure what "on big" is. :D

Peter

Back