Ordered a 22 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered a 22

According to forums, yes. Actual proof, no. I'd hope these people wouldnt lie, lol. I didn't say there were many but there are some that have gotten vehicles when order date was after mine (and my friends). I knew it would take a little longer than anticipated but I wasn't counting 7-8 months out. I spoke with several dealerships prior to ordering and none told me over 3-4 months. Let's all laugh together.
Dealers have no idea when it will be shipped. Only takes a day to build them then they wait for microchips.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dealers have no idea when it will be shipped. Only takes a day to build them then they wait for microchips.
Okay? Did you read my first comment? I called them numerous times telling them I didn't even receive a confirmation email. Asked them to check my account and be sure my email address was added, they claimed they checked and it was on there. 4 MONTHS after I order they admit to me that my email address was never added. After they "checked". I know it's ABSOLUTELY on Ford and the microchip shortage for the delay but the dealership definitely could've done better by me. No they have no control over the situation but they are the communication line between Ford and the customer. Ford directs you to the dealership. The whole situation seems sketchy with this dealership, but I feel like I'm invested now and don't wanna back out near the end. I also really really want this Explorer!

According to forums, yes. Actual proof, no. I'd hope these people wouldnt lie, lol. I didn't say there were many but there are some that have gotten vehicles when order date was after mine (and my friends). I knew it would take a little longer than anticipated but I wasn't counting 7-8 months out. I spoke with several dealerships prior to ordering and none told me over 3-4 months. Let's all laugh together.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Maybe just go get your deposit back and forget you ever walked in their door. Make a big fuss with Ford corporate. Go somewhere else. It seems unlikely they will actually order and deliver the car.

Maybe just go get your deposit back and forget you ever walked in their door. Make a big fuss with Ford corporate. Go somewhere else. It seems unlikely they will actually order and deliver the car.
Dealership policy says I'll forfeit deposit. I don't wanna give them free money and a car they know they can sell on top of it. It is what it is at this point, but I've learned my lesson for sure.

According to Ford:
2. Order Deposit.

The Dealer will hold the Order Deposit in accordance with applicable law e.g. a separate non-interest bearing trust account. Order Deposit refund policies vary by Dealer. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before you place your order request.

I suggest you find out what the law is in your state. I live in California and all vehicle deposits are refundable unless the purchaser agrees in writing, in advance, that it is not. No dealer here would attempt to keep your deposit unless your ordered vehicle is so specific they realistically couldn't sell it to someone else; such as you ordered your Porsche in pink with white interior.

With the car market the way it is today, I would think the dealer would be happy to have a vehicle on the lot to sell. Furthermore, since they don't appear to have even ordered you a car, or can't prove they did, it seems like fraud to take a deposit and refuse to give it back.

Having read some of the member's posts I get a feeling the vehicle has been ordered.

Peter

i mean you can see pics of mine and the date i ordered it in my thread. idk if my options made a difference. i live in hazard ky so its a small town lot as well.

anyone in here previously ordered a Explorer and can give me their timeline from order to picked up?
I ordered my 22 Ford Explorer ST-line December 11th and patiently waiting for updates. Ford has confirmed the order.
The dealer told me it’s a 6-8 week time range.
Ordered 2022 Ford Explorer on Nov 11th 2021. On April 7th, 2022 I got an update the SUV was built and would be shipped soon. It is now May 11th and it still says it is built and will ship soon. Dealer can't give me and ETA other than "soon".

Ordered 2022 Ford Explorer on Nov 11th 2021. On April 7th, 2022 I got an update the SUV was built and would be shipped soon. It is now May 11th and it still says it is built and will ship soon. Dealer can't give me and ETA other than "soon".
mine was here a week after it was built. again not a st or anything. the trick i noticed is your dealer or a surrounding dealer getting a few non custom orders in. if so yours will be on that truck. thats how mine was. they got 3 the dealer in pikeville got 3 as well so the same truck was bringing several. if your dealer isnt getting any or one that is close they have to pass by yours in process yours will set. which makes sense you cant run a truck for one car. they need a loaded truck before they move.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It likely is built but due to a shortage of 'chips' it is probably sitting in a parking lot with many others waiting for the required part(s). Being it is a hybrid, that may also add to the wait. The longer wait is also being experienced by those who ordered the Aviator hybrid.

Peter

Update:
We ordered a King Ranch 1/22/22
Built 4/18/22

We picked her up today, 5/13/22, so 111 days after ordering.

FB_IMG_1652483617430.jpg

Ordered a timberline on Dec 13 2021 got the email yesterday that it’s scheduled to be built Jan 10th
Did you get it yet? I ordered mine mid Nov. and am still waiting. I recently ran out of patience with Ford.

I finally got my 2022 Explorer Platinum Hybrid delivered Friday, June 24th! Ordered back on Nov 11, 2021. Good news is even though I got a $150 credit for the rear AC controls and rear heated seats controls missing and a promise letter to install them when they arrive, they were already installed in the vehicle when it was delivered.

I finally got my 2022 Explorer Platinum Hybrid delivered Friday, June 24th! Ordered back on Nov 11, 2021. Good news is even though I got a $150 credit for the rear AC controls and rear heated seats controls missing and a promise letter to install them when they arrive, they were already installed in the vehicle when it was delivered.
Wow I ordered my 22 limited on 11-19-21 got it in the last week of March 22 with all the features installed. I guess I got really lucky. Enjoy.

I ordered my wife's ST back in November as well, status has said "built" since March 28th and we have yet to take delivery. It's been awaiting shipment for 3 months now. I'm starting to get discouraged by the whole process, this is incredibly frustrating.

I ordered my wife's ST back in November as well, status has said "built" since March 28th and we have yet to take delivery. It's been awaiting shipment for 3 months now. I'm starting to get discouraged by the whole process, this is incredibly frustrating.
Welcome to the Forum Anthony. :wave:
It is possible that it is still waiting for chips to be installed even though it stated: "Built".

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Anthony. :wave:
It is possible that it is still waiting for chips to be installed even though it stated: "Built".

Peter
The dealer told me the current status is "convoy carrier delay." It has been that way since April 22nd. So my assumption is that it is built but for some reason they aren't able to ship it.

The dealer told me the current status is "convoy carrier delay." It has been that way since April 22nd. So my assumption is that it is built but for some reason they aren't able to ship it.
Okay, then it is ready to go. Seeing as how you are in Michigan, If you aren't that far from the factory it may go by truck instead of rail. Apparently truckers are not delivering just one or two vehicles to a dealership now so they may be waiting for more vehicles.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, then it is ready to go. Seeing as how you are in Michigan, If you aren't that far from the factory it may go by truck instead of rail. Apparently truckers are not delivering just one or two vehicles to a dealership now so they may be waiting for more vehicles.

Peter
Well the dealership continues to receive Explorers. A couple that I've noticed lately had blend dates that were March/April. Just doesn't make any sense to me

Back