TechGuru

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLS 4X4 4.0L FLEX
s-l1000.jpg

http://www.voxxelectronics.com/code-alarm/security/?sku=CA3051

Can't wait to install...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awsome! If you don't mind could you possibly do a little DIY write-up? I was thinking about getting a remote start one for mine!

Notice there are no remotes in the photo. This is a add-on alarm for existing keyless entry.

I did seriously consider one with remote start but I feel that remote start just creates too much of a security issue and the additional expense of having to get a PATS interface module from Ford for PATS to work with the remote start.

Notice there are no remotes in the photo. This is a add-on alarm for existing keyless entry.

I did seriously consider one with remote start but I feel that remote start just creates too much of a security issue and the additional expense of having to get a PATS interface module from Ford for PATS to work with the remote start.

Lol! I feel dumb, it was late and I was tired haha, thanks for the heads up!

Well I got it all installed except for one wire. I can't seem to find a switched ignition source. Was thinking about using radio power but with the exit delay that would not work because certain alarm functions need one to turn the key on/off quickly to set.

Well I got it all installed except for one wire. I can't seem to find a switched ignition source. Was thinking about using radio power but with the exit delay that would not work because certain alarm functions need one to turn the key on/off quickly to set.

Found one by tapping into a fuse.

I have the code alarm in my 02. Was looking for a wire that would be a start pulse to activate heated seat. Any idea which color wire I should be looking for? Would save me from probing for it. Either negative or positive pulse would be ok.

Back