Ordered my 2019 Sport 6-13-18 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Ordered my 2019 Sport 6-13-18

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I'd be surprised if a dealer would put the Window Sticker and/or VIN of a vehicle that has been ordered by a customer on their website. Have not seen that around here. I can see them doing it if the vehicle was for sale on their lot, but not for one that has already been sold.

Peter

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stephen Cannon

Reaction score
City, State
DFW METROPLEX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Never under estimate how much businesses will go to invade privacy, some intentional, some not.

<

NewYorkistanSux

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
All the Ford dealers around me do ... when I call/email about a vehicle, that’s when they tell me it’s a customer order and not available, and offer me a similar vehicle or offer to help me order one.

<

Brad C

Reaction score
City, State
Central Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Callsign
KG8S
Well, today is the day. I've never been able to pull up the truck on COTUS, either by order number or VIN. Wonder why that is?

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
All the Ford dealers around me do ... when I call/email about a vehicle, that’s when they tell me it’s a customer order and not available, and offer me a similar vehicle or offer to help me order one.
The old "Bait & Switch" game.

<

Brad C

Reaction score
City, State
Central Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Callsign
KG8S
Well, it's on the ground at the dealer as of 10-01-2018. I've never been able to track via COTUS, even today. Probably will go down tonight and look it over and then back tomorrow to complete the financial details. I hope this one is as good as my 2015.

<

Brad C

Reaction score
City, State
Central Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Callsign
KG8S
Well, had the new one a couple of days now. Delivered to dealer on 10-02-18 and I picked it up 10-03-18. Nice, tight with that new car smell.

<