Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

........Seat covers would make the cooled seats useless.
Apparently there are vented or breathable covers. I believe I've seen that mentioned in some posts.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems to be working now.
Warscha, have you checked your build status in COTUS lately? Mine changed to in production at some point this morning which means my Sport will be built in about a week or so . Still no ETA date showing since the first week or so that it showed in the tool. Also, even though there's a link to the window sticker, it's still not coming up. Apparently that takes up to a couple of days after the change to in production status.

Warscha, have you checked your build status in COTUS lately? Mine changed to in production at some point this morning which means my Sport will be built in about a week or so . Still no ETA date showing since the first week or so that it showed in the tool. Also, even though there's a link to the window sticker, it's still not coming up. Apparently that takes up to a couple of days after the change to in production status.
The Window Sticker usually is posted 2-3 day before the build date.

The Window Sticker usually is posted 2-3 day before the build date.
I've been checking every day.
The status is still "In Order processing"
When did you order yours, mine was on Nov 28th

I've been checking every day.
The status is still "In Order processing"
When did you order yours, mine was on Nov 28th
Mine went into the system the day before on November 27, so I'm thinking you should see a status change any day now.

Finally...
Just checked it's in production as of this morning..
Can't wait

By the way, does anyone know the differences between the 17 and 18 platinum. (besides the Sync Connect)

Just ordered a 2018 Platinum today. Got the new Platinum Dune color. Also have the bucket seats and console, running boards, and the premium wheels. Dealer told me it would be 8-10 weeks just to be safe, but maybe as soon as 6 weeks. This will be our 6th Explorer, or I should say, this will be my wife's 6th Explorer. :) She'll settle for nothing else.
The cotus site finally shows my car in production. It still does not show an estimate ETA, nor does the link to the window sticker work. Hopefully, in a day or two it will be updated. Although, on a side note, the cotus website is really flakey. I usually have to hit the "Track Vehicle" button 6 or 8 times before I get a result; sometimes it never works. Oh well.

The cotus site finally shows my car in production. It still does not show an estimate ETA, nor does the link to the window sticker work. Hopefully, in a day or two it will be updated. Although, on a side note, the cotus website is really flakey. I usually have to hit the "Track Vehicle" button 6 or 8 times before I get a result; sometimes it never works. Oh well.
No sticker on mine yet, and it's been listed as "in production" since the 3rd. Should be later this week. Hopefully not a Friday build though. :laugh:

Got my order number but it isn't showing up on COTUS yet.

Cool. Was able to view my window sticker today. Although, not via the COTUS site...no surprise.

Cool. Was able to view my window sticker today. Although, not via the COTUS site...no surprise.
That's great news which means it will be built within days. Congrats!

I found a link last night that Peter had posted in another thread (http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=VIN NUMBER) and it came up no problem. To your point, COTUS has been very spotty at best. If I read my sticker correctly, at the top it said 120180113 which means it will be built on January 13. Guess the plant is running 7 days a week.

I found a link last night that Peter had posted in another thread (http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=VIN NUMBER) and it came up no problem. To your point, COTUS has been very spotty at best. If I read my sticker correctly, at the top it said 120180113 which means it will be built on January 13. Guess the plant is running 7 days a week.
FYI, that link won't bring up the 'Sticker' forever. Apparently it will for new vehicles and then after an unknown period of time it will come back and say that the VIN doesn't exist yet. So if you want, print it while you can.

Peter

How long after I get the order number from the dealer does it take to show up in COTUS?

FYI, that link won't bring up the 'Sticker' forever. Apparently it will for new vehicles and then after an unknown period of time it will come back and say that the VIN doesn't exist yet. So if you want, print it while you can.

Peter
Thanks Peter, great tip for everyone. Already saved on my hard drive. Learned that from my Mustang purchase a few years back.

How long after I get the order number from the dealer does it take to show up in COTUS?
From my experience, it was probably a couple of weeks, as I was unable to look it up via dealer ID, order number, and name, and it only worked with the VIN. If you are in the US, you may have better luck with the order details, as COTUS doesn't appear to like Canadian dealer codes as in my case, it didn't like the format of the code, even though it was the right one. You also may need to hit refresh a couple of times (sometimes more), before it shows up even after you've seen it there. As many here will attest to, COTUS can be very temperamental, however it's very exciting once you see your order appear and move through the stages.

Yes, that's the site where I got the window sticker. It looks like mine has a build date of January 19.

From my experience, it was probably a couple of weeks, as I was unable to look it up via dealer ID, order number, and name, and it only worked with the VIN. If you are in the US, you may have better luck with the order details, as COTUS doesn't appear to like Canadian dealer codes as in my case, it didn't like the format of the code, even though it was the right one. You also may need to hit refresh a couple of times (sometimes more), before it shows up even after you've seen it there. As many here will attest to, COTUS can be very temperamental, however it's very exciting once you see your order appear and move through the stages.

I haven't gotten a VIN from the dealer. Do they get assigned right after the order?

I haven't gotten a VIN from the dealer. Do they get assigned right after the order?
From my experience, typically about a week or 2 after the order gets submitted. You can reach out to your dealer after that time to get it.

Thanks for the link Dora, I got my Window Sticker..
Now I just need my new Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I get a lot of people asking me why I'm getting a new truck when my 2017 Explorer Platinum is only 18 months old.

There are many reasons, but they don't seem to understand.
1 - It's dirty
2 - It ran out of gas
3 - There's a scratch on it
All logical reasons (I think)..

But really,
For fun I went to the dealer to see what's what, and...
Bottom line is I'm getting a brand new 2018 for the same lease payment as my current one.
I'm basically at that sweet spot where the value of my current explorer is worth more than the lease buyout.
As well the new lease rate is lower than my current one.
I guess it's what you call good timing.

And now I will have the Sync Connect, which I was really disappointed that it was not included in the 2017 model.

All being well I'm about a month away.

Back