Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

I get a lot of people asking me why I'm getting a new truck when my 2017 Explorer Platinum is only 18 months old.

There are many reasons, but they don't seem to understand.
1 - It's dirty
2 - It ran out of gas
3 - There's a scratch on it
All logical reasons (I think)..

But really,
For fun I went to the dealer to see what's what, and...
Bottom line is I'm getting a brand new 2018 for the same lease payment as my current one.
I'm basically at that sweet spot where the value of my current explorer is worth more than the lease buyout.
As well the new lease rate is lower than my current one.
I guess it's what you call good timing.

And now I will have the Sync Connect, which I was really disappointed that it was not included in the 2017 model.

All being well I'm abouty a month away.

...for the win!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have never ordered an Explorer the way I want. does it cost more to order and bring it to the dealer? I know the extra features cost more but would it cost me more to order?

I have never ordered an Explorer the way I want. does it cost more to order and bring it to the dealer? I know the extra features cost more but would it cost me more to order?
I'm not sure.
If you can find exactly what you want on the dealers lot. (color, options....)
You can probably negotiate on price.

As PeterK9 taught me, shop around. Build it on the website Go to Edmunds and get the actual invoice cost (it's not what the car costs the dealer but it's a number to work from). From there, realize that the dealer is getting 3% as a holdback and an advertising fee of $698. In retrospect, I left about 1k on the table by going with the dealer I went with.

Here is some info on Ford Pricing Plans:

A-Plan
Ford's A-Plan is intended for Ford employees. This is often considered to be the best possible deal out of Ford's discounted Plan offers.
How it's calculated: Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee

Z-Plan
The Z-Plan is identical to the A-Plan but applies to Ford retirees. Since the programs are so similar, they are frequently referenced together as A/Z Plan.
How it's calculated: Same as A-Plan

Advertising fee is $698

X-Plan
The X-Plan is actually two programs that equate to a discount for friends, family, and groups with special affiliations with Ford.
The Ford Partner Recognition X-Plan is essentially a supplier discount that members of certain companies that do business with Ford may qualify for.
The Friends & Neighbors X-Plan is a much broader set that can be used by employees and retirees to sponsor purchases by family and individuals outside their family.
How it's calculated: Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee

D-Plan
Ford's D-Plan applies to dealer employees and family members.
How it's calculated: A-Plan + $100

A buyer here mentioned the following:
BJs Wholesale Club offers its members Ford X-Plan pricing.
Someone got in addition to the X-Plan price a total of $2,500 of year-end incentives:
- $1,000 BJ's incentive ($500 instant cash back + $500 BJs shopping credit)
- $750 Ford retail bonus cash
- $250 Ford retail customer cash
- $500 Ford credit cash back

HTH

Estimated Delivery: 02/07/2018

Estimated Delivery: 02/07/2018
Sweet. Time to start marking days off the calendar. I ordered mine just a couple days later than you, so good to have some expectations until I get some confirmation.

And what do you know. Just checked COTUS and have an estimated delivery of 2/5/18.

Sounds like we have a group of 'expecting' members.:D

Peter

Peter
pregnant-man-thomas-beatie-2.jpg

Peter
Mine's been consistent with a "due date" of January 26 throughout the process (excluding the period over the holidays when the date disappeared). Being about 475 miles or so away from Chicago, that is certainly doable unless there is some other weather bomb in the forecast before then. I sure hope not. These last 2 weeks or so will be long enough.

As far as confirmation from the dealer, I've found that I've had more up to date information than them. o_O

Sweet. Time to start marking days off the calendar. I ordered mine just a couple days later than you, so good to have some expectations until I get some confirmation.
I'm in Montreal, Quebec
Delivery time will probably be faster to you

I'm in Montreal, Quebec
Delivery time will probably be faster to you
Yep, that's what I figured. A lot closer and no international border in between. But who knows.

Yep, that's what I figured. A lot closer and no international border in between. But who knows.
317 miles Chicago to Eau Claire and 848 miles Chicago to Montreal. My 2011 was off loaded from the train just outside of Toronto and put on a transport truck to be delivered to my dealership just East of Ottawa.

Peter

I have had a lifetime Sirius subscription since 2004. I transferred the sub from my portable unit to my Fusion in 2015. I planned on transferring it to my new Explorer when it arrives but the website says you can't transfer it from a built-in unit. That wasn't what my original contract said! Long story short...I got Sirius to agree to transfer the subscription to my new truck when it arrives!!!!

I have had a lifetime Sirius subscription since 2004. I transferred the sub from my portable unit to my Fusion in 2015. I planned on transferring it to my new Explorer when it arrives but the website says you can't transfer it from a built-in unit. That wasn't what my original contract said! Long story short...I got Sirius to agree to transfer the subscription to my new truck when it arrives!!!!
How did you manage to get a lifetime subscription?
How much did it cost you?

Now for something a little different.
I was going to a movie last year, and I ended parking next to myself.
It was the exact model of my Explorer colors and all..
I wonder what the other guy thought when he got to the trucks..

How did you manage to get a lifetime subscription?
How much did it cost you?
I've had it since 2004 and I paid about $400 plus the cost of the radio. They charged me $75 to transfer it to my Fusion and I will pay $75 to transfer it to my Explorer.

I've had it since 2004 and I paid about $400 plus the cost of the radio. They charged me $75 to transfer it to my Fusion and I will pay $75 to transfer it to my Explorer.
That's a damn good, no great, no amazing deal!!

I'm on a yearly subscription but since a new vehicle always comes with a 6 month subscription, it always overlaps. I've had my subscription transferred twice from one vehicle to another and haven' had to pay either time. Coming up to renewal time again soon.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine's been consistent with a "due date" of January 26 throughout the process (excluding the period over the holidays when the date disappeared). Being about 475 miles or so away from Chicago, that is certainly doable unless there is some other weather bomb in the forecast before then. I sure hope not. These last 2 weeks or so will be long enough.

As far as confirmation from the dealer, I've found that I've had more up to date information than them. o_O

I checked COTUS for my 2018 Explorer Limited and it initially said delivery was due January 5th and then changed to Jan.12th - in the 11th the days to delivery showed "0" and then nothing on the 12th. Of course waiting for it, dealer said it would be in during the week of the 15th - but this evening the 15th, COTUS changed and showed delivery to be FEB 4th.
With all the tracking devices that Ford and it's transporters have, I wonder why a 3 week change in delivery after it was posted a for several weeks as being Jan 12th. Bummer

Back