Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just over a week driving it now, and I'm loving it

4 days away according to cotus. Pick up day a week from Sunday, March 4. I figure about 1 hour to inspect it then an hour for paperwork.

Anxious to look at your window sticker?

I found this site that works: Explanation and picture of Ford Window Sticker(your VIN)
That site has been identified before along with others. The issue is that only recently built vehicles will show up for a certain period of time. I suggest that if yours is displayed that you print it. After that time period is up you will get this notice; "Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle." Have you tried running your VIN in the "How to find your Window Sticker thread"?

Peter

I did try that site mentioned. I had no success with many of them, That's why I searched. Since we have new buyers here, I thought I would post one that worked for me.

Spoke with my dealer today.
I'm scheduled to pick up my new Explorer tomorrow at 4:00 pm

Hope you love it as much as I love mine - just broke 1k mikes on it and it runs like a dream (V6 and averaging 24.2 mpg )
Has any one run across a situation where ( like I did ) you order a cargo mat - the only picture on line on build your car shows a full size from 2nd row to rear or 2nd row - side to side. The sticker says "Cargo Mat" Dealer installed accessory and they come out with a cargo mat for behind the 3rd row when in the up position.
Dealer says that's what Chicago sent, that's what arrived, call Detroit -
I call Customer service and go over the routine and say we have to get you to marketing to confirm if the mat is truly the full size one, I reference that the one in the car doesn't go front to back nor side to side - so it's not the cargo mat in the picture. They send it to Marketing to confirm and said I should hear back from them in about 3 days -
1 week later low and behold - nothing back, I call again to marketing and they said they don't do that - go to customer service, who in turn sent me to a rep named Tray, who was fantastic - but the wrong person - he did get the correct person, Andrea and briefed he before we were connected - she took the information down and opened a case, She said the dealer sales manager should get back to me.
I dropped by the Dealer and heard for my sales man :you didn't give us good grades, and spoke with the sales manager who looked at the car mat, the numbers on the mat, went back to parts and confirmed that the mat they gave us was what was sent to them and they could not do anything to help. I called customer service in Detroit and not understanding the rep, she forwarded me back to the dealer (Tower Ford in Great Neck Long Island ) and I spoke with the Parts Department - they said that was the mat that Ford sent and since it was in the car it would be considered used - best bet is to go to customer service.
Back to customer service and another rep who says they don't do any thing for this, wanting to speak to her manager, she said you'll hear the same thing, you have to go to the dealer.

At this point, for a hundred dollar mat for a leased car, I've placed 50 or so miles going back and forth to resolve the issue, plus the gas and time spent going back and forth - it hasn't become the cost of buying a $100.00 mat, its the principal of spending 51k plus for a car, the window sticker says Cargo Mat, dealer installed accessory and no one lifts a finger to assist.
The people at the dealership are very friendly and cautious, but are not getting any where getting this resolved - I can't believe that Ford Customer Service would allow this to go on for the amount of time it has - window sticker says CARGO MAT, NOT Cargo Mat 3rd row, The Build your own pictures show the full size rug and everyone I tell look at the picture confirms it is a full cargo net -- So what can't Customer Service and Dealership work something out to change my mat.
Everything else is perfect, minus the antenna not being mounted - had to install it at home - no big deal and the fuel tank was 3/4's full and vehicle had 7 hours of running time, every car I ever bought and this is my 7th Explorer, always had clean windows, decent shine, clean and a full tank of gas.

Guess next week I'll be going to that other company that makes form fitted cargo mates for the explorer and buy one - I hope it is a lot easier that trying to get what is MISS Represented in literature and advertising from what they delver and try to convince the other was at fault.

If you order - be specific and write the added words to describe the mat you want - so you don't wind up battling this out.

BUT I DO LOVE MY EXPLORER LIMITED

My 2017 had the Ford All weather liners. I told the salesman that I did not want them as I use the Husky liners and asked if I could trade them for the cargo liner. He agreed. When the cargo mat arrived it was just for the area behind the 3rd row. Told the salesman it was not what I had asked for and he took it back and they ordered the full OEM cargo liner. It came in a day or so later and all is good. Everything was handled by my salesman through the dealer's parts department without any hassle at all.
Note: I feel the OEM cargo liner is on par with the Husky liner I had in the 2011.

Peter

Hope you love it as much as I love mine - just broke 1k mikes on it and it runs like a dream (V6 and averaging 24.2 mpg )
I'm guessing you aren't talking about the 2013 shown in your profile.;)

Peter

I ordered the cargo mat with my car. At the time of the order, I was thinking that it would be a better fit than the aftermarket ones. I didn't order any other cargo mats. I live in FL and don't have a snow issue. If I find that I am tracking in the beach, I'll get them.

It's gonna be awful here today. Barely 80°F...BRRRR.

I ordered the cargo mat with my car. At the time of the order, I was thinking that it would be a better fit than the aftermarket ones. I didn't order any other cargo mats. I live in FL and don't have a snow issue. If I find that I am tracking in the beach, I'll get them.

It's gonna be awful here today. Barely 80°F...BRRRR.
I know that Husky actually does their digital measuring on the actual vehicle. I'm guessing WeatherTech likely does as well.

Peter

I didn't know if the aftermarket ones are better or worse so I took a shot with the OEM. In looking at the Husky cargo liner that goes to the 2nd row covering the 3rd row, I don't know how good that would be if you leave the 3rd row up.

I didn't know if the aftermarket ones are better or worse so I took a shot with the OEM. In looking at the Husky cargo liner that goes to the 2nd row covering the 3rd row, I don't know how good that would be if you leave the 3rd row up.
It will have to be folded and put in the area behind the 3rd row seat. I sold the Husky cargo liner I used in my 2011 and the one I have now is the OEM liner.

Peter

I know that Husky actually does their digital measuring on the actual vehicle. I'm guessing WeatherTech likely does as well.

Peter

Yes WeatherTech does laser measurement. I have floor mats for front and 2nd row seats. I did not bother with 3rd row since it has not been used for a few years. I also got the cargo mat which fit perfectly. I am glad that I got the WeatherTech mats.

I'm guessing you aren't talking about the 2013 shown in your profile.;)

Peter
Peter - Thanks for the heads up - I didn't change the profile - it's a 2018 Explorer Limited 4WD Metallic Metalic

I hope that Ford makes a mistake, delivered a 2018 Explorer XLT or Platinum with tow package to my home!!! i will keep it!

Yes WeatherTech does laser measurement. I have floor mats for front and 2nd row seats. I did not bother with 3rd row since it has not been used for a few years. I also got the cargo mat which fit perfectly. I am glad that I got the WeatherTech mats.
I'll second the WeatherTech mats. Got the same set up as you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered my explorer on the 30th of January. The production is set for March 7!!

From your experience, how long is it expected to be delivered?

I live in Quebec.

Back