Ordering an Explorer - XLT Sport Appearance Package and Assist+ Option Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordering an Explorer - XLT Sport Appearance Package and Assist+ Option Question

10Terp

Reaction score
City, State
Leesburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer XLT 202A
Hi all,

I hope this is the right thread to post this in. My wife and I will be ordering an Explorer on Wednesday. Our play is to order an XLT with the Sport Appearance Package. I was on the website today and noticed that adding the Pilot360 Assist+ option seems to add the chrome trim back in that the Sport Appearance Package seems to remove. See screenshots below. I want the Assist+ but do NOT want the chrome accents added back. It seems strange that choosing a tech package would remove the darkened trim pieces, and I'm hoping it's just some odd glitch on the website. Does anybody have any insight on this? Or does anybody know how I could contact Ford to ask? Thanks!

1655141656822.png

1655141688674.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 10.36.50 AM.png

thats odd, mine seems fine. is it some other option you added? tried w/ the tow pkg too it was fine. welcome to EF!

Just got off the live chat with Ford...appears to be a website error. Thanks!

Congrats on your XLT, I really like the XLT sport appearance package. The 360+ package has a lot of nice goodies too.

Back