Ordering online from out of state dealer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordering online from out of state dealer?

airdocs

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer
I live in So Cal, no dealer has what I want, XLT, Sports Appearance, White, with Moonroof, Bucket seats, etc, and im in no rush, so I can order what I want from factory. Before I negotiate with local dealers, have a question for those on the forum.
Has anyone found a dealer outside of their local area who will order the car for them, and have it shipped to a local dealer where they live.
That is what I did when I bought my 15 Chevy Corvette, best deal was Dealer in New Hampshire, did deal over phone, Vette was ordered, Vette was built in factory and bypassed the New Hampshire dealer, and and sent directly via rail to local dealer minutes from my house. The local dealer charged $400 to detail car and do my California State Tax and Licensing paperwork, but got 7k under MSRP while local dealers charger 5-10K over MSRP. Thanks for the responses in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone have help with above scenario?

I know of a dealer that does this, but they have a pre-existing relationship between them, too, for certain customers who happen to be snowbirds.

I live in So Cal, no dealer has what I want, XLT, Sports Appearance, White, with Moonroof, Bucket seats, etc, and im in no rush, so I can order what I want from factory. Before I negotiate with local dealers, have a question for those on the forum.
Has anyone found a dealer outside of their local area who will order the car for them, and have it shipped to a local dealer where they live.
That is what I did when I bought my 15 Chevy Corvette, best deal was Dealer in New Hampshire, did deal over phone, Vette was ordered, Vette was built in factory and bypassed the New Hampshire dealer, and and sent directly via rail to local dealer minutes from my house. The local dealer charged $400 to detail car and do my California State Tax and Licensing paperwork, but got 7k under MSRP while local dealers charger 5-10K over MSRP. Thanks for the responses in advance

I have not had that experience. I got quoted from 4 local dealers and a few out of state dealerships. They would all match the others offer if it is valid and a written. They all wanted my business. I got around 4.9K below MSRP granted it was a new facelift and a 5 month difference when it was first rolled out in dealerships. They had them rolled out in late summer and I factory ordered mine in December.

I have not had that experience. I got quoted from 4 local dealers and a few out of state dealerships. They would all match the others offer if it is valid and a written. They all wanted my business. I got around 4.9K below MSRP granted it was a new facelift and a 5 month difference when it was first rolled out in dealerships. They had them rolled out in late summer and I factory ordered mine in December.
Thanks for the reply, yea sounds like the Ford Explorer is not in high demand as the corvette was few years ago, and supply here in So Cal is massive compared to corvettes in 2015. Thanks for advice

Back