• Register Today It's free!

Osram Xenarc Headlight Bulbs

RGPaton

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
greetings all, looking for some help here. I recently purchased a 2015 Explorer (our third Explorer) and I have been ordering bits for it from various places.

I decided to order some a 9005led headlight kit and went to install them and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to remove the Osram Xenarthra that are currently in the vehicle, using a small mirror and a flashlight, it appears these units are held in place with two torx looking screws; however, I don’t feel like going in this area and mucking around with out insight. All the videos I find for the process suggest that the Ishtar is just a typical socket.

How the heck do I remove these bulbs? Is the 9005 led an upgrade?

If it matters I am in Canada and I have a 2015 Limited with the 3.5l engine

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Led is not an upgrade because the housings/reflectors are not designed for LED bulbs.

Welcome to the Forum RGPaton.:wave:
I'm not familiar with that bulb but the Explorer Limited built for Canada has factory HID headlamps. The Manual says they should only be replaced by the dealer.
Your Owner's Manual shows how to change non HID bulbs starting on page 335.
Peter

If in fact you already have HID:
1. I don't think you can drop LED bulbs into the housing.
2. It would be a downgrade anyway, even with the not so great Ex HID lights.

Thanks for the insight folks.

I never would have thought that information would be in an owners manual.

Honestly i would stick with the HID until they burn out and then at that point tackle a possible upgrade or replacement.

Back