Our 3rd Explorer Sport. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Our 3rd Explorer Sport.

This 99 Explorer Sport is our 3rd one (as the title says). First one was a jewel green 94, second one was a bright amber (autumn orange) 99 we purchased new, & the current one (A 99) is vermillion red. When we got it I did a full service on it, new tires, grille guard, bug shield, vent visors, new front shocks & new rear coil assist shocks & new warrior rear shackles. I patched a small rust hole in the l/s quarter panel by the top of the wheel flare & patched both outer & inner rocker panels with new metal panels. Currently it has only 115K on the clock, when we purchased it in July of 2015 as a DD for my wife it only had 82K on it. I removed the factory side steps as they were rusted beyond repair & found a pair of steps on E Bay for a regular cab Ranger that I installed on the Sport. I replaced both foggy headlight assemblies with new ones, I removed the leather interior that was in it since it was in bad shape & found a Explorer in a wrecking yard with a cloth interior & installed it in our Sport. Two years ago we had to have the trans rebuilt, & right now it is a spare vehicle as my wife now has a 2021 Bronco Sport & I have a 2005 F150.
100_0869.jpg
100_0872.jpg
100_0924.jpg
100_0925.jpg
100_0936.jpg
100_0947.jpg
100_0949.jpg
100_1515.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Perfect time to make it go fast now
the wife will like it I promise

@donalds has a point. Never have to worry about getting the ice cream home before it melts.

Perfect time to make it go fast now
the wife will like it I promise
agreed!!!!

also, how are you liking the baby bronc? curious.

, how are you liking the baby bronc
I'm not sure what u mean May have me mixed up with someone else I only own the explorer.

I'm not sure what u mean May have me mixed up with someone else I only own the explorer.
whoops, thought i had quoted mike in that section. he has the bronc sport. my bad!

We have had it for just over 1 year & my wife still loves it like she did the day we bought it.
100_1896.JPG

This 99 Explorer Sport is our 3rd one (as the title says). First one was a jewel green 94, second one was a bright amber (autumn orange) 99 we purchased new, & the current one (A 99) is vermillion red. When we got it I did a full service on it, new tires, grille guard, bug shield, vent visors, new front shocks & new rear coil assist shocks & new warrior rear shackles. I patched a small rust hole in the l/s quarter panel by the top of the wheel flare & patched both outer & inner rocker panels with new metal panels. Currently it has only 115K on the clock, when we purchased it in July of 2015 as a DD for my wife it only had 82K on it. I removed the factory side steps as they were rusted beyond repair & found a pair of steps on E Bay for a regular cab Ranger that I installed on the Sport. I replaced both foggy headlight assemblies with new ones, I removed the leather interior that was in it since it was in bad shape & found a Explorer in a wrecking yard with a cloth interior & installed it in our Sport. Two years ago we had to have the trans rebuilt, & right now it is a spare vehicle as my wife now has a 2021 Bronco Sport & I have a 2005 F150.
View attachment 436795View attachment 436796View attachment 436797View attachment 436798View attachment 436799View attachment 436800View attachment 436801View attachment 436802
Absolutely Beautiful explorer

View attachment 436795View attachment 436796View attachment 436797View attachment 436798View attachment 436799View attachment 436800View attachment 436801View attachment 436802
Very nice! When you redid the rocker panels, what did you do for the panels they originally connect to underneath? I've never seen those for sale.

Thank you. I purchased some metal sheet stock & made new pieces, then cut out the rusted parts & welded new in.

Back