Our New 2011 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Our New 2011 Explorer

Nope..she has the Focus. This replaces my F-150

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lucky lucky

dont act like your being forced to do your duty by buying a new toy :p:

Congrats! It's going to be a long 10 days... :D

only 17/23 :dunno: That's what my '06 4.0 gets:(

I doubt you get 17 in the city or even 23 on the highway. And I'm sure he can possibly get more. And it's AWD.

only 17/23 :dunno: That's what my '06 4.0 gets:(
I'd be thrilled if my '97 SOHC got that. Although to be fair, I haven't done any pure highway runs on a tankful yet. But I've been all over the mpg map- 14-18 mpgs. And I think the winter gas is effecting it more than any other car I've driven.

I doubt you get 17 in the city or even 23 on the highway. And I'm sure he can possibly get more. And it's AWD.

My wife drives a mile to work and back, and we drive it around town. it averages 16.5. I drove it down to Truck haven and back in October, which is about 200 miles each way. Averaged 23 mpg at about 70mph. Mine is 2wd.

Years ago my wife had a '99 Sport 2wd SOHC. We drove it to Tahoe for our honeymoon, and also got 23 mpg. So it is possible.;)

Whoo Hoo!! Just found out my new X is on it's way and currently in Buffalo, NY being put on a car hauler. Should be here in town in 1-2 days!!

Whoo Hoo!! Just found out my new X is on it's way and currently in Buffalo, NY being put on a car hauler. Should be here in town in 1-2 days!!

Glad to hear!!! When you get it, take a road trip out to my house so I can test drive it and you can see how it does on gas:D

I'll be over in a few days to decorate it in Explorerforum.com decals :D

I assume it was on rail to Buffalo then? Trailering it to NY and back to PA makes no sense ;)

Yep, on rail from Chicago to Buffalo, then on truck to PA

Whoo Hoo!!! Picked mine up tonight. Unfortunately no pix right now as it's dark outside and starting to snow. I'll get pix AFTER the next couple of days of messy weather and I can get it cleaned.

Gonna take a while to learn all the features built into the vehicle....it's loaded with stuff.

Found one thing I'm not 100% fond of yet. Ours came with the blind spot warning system and it's too sensitive to stuff besides vehicles. On narrow country roads it goes off a lot on the passenger's side.

Congrats!!! I thought I heard of a way to minimize/turn it off? Let me research.

Already turned it off :D.

DONE!!! :D

What do you say about taking some interior pictures from certain angles to compare? I can post up similar ones to what you take so that way people can see the differences?

I can do that, but let me get through the next couple of days of messy weather first. We're under a storm warning for snow, ice, freezing rain..etc. for the next couple days...ugh.

At least I will get to try out the terrain management system :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are as well, expecting around 10-15":D It's been raining/icey all day and I had my tires balanced cause they shook like a ****. Looking forward to attacking the snow tomorrow!!!!

Take your time and learn it. When you get a chance, put up the pictures and I'll do the same.

Back