Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll talk to the wife about it tonight. Might make for a good mini vacation.

edit: It's a no go for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if i break it now sweet! at least I can finally use it.....been almost 6 months and never 100% since the v8 conversion
Toys can be a battle both time and budget

bump! come on guys you know you wanna go!!!

Wow, those are some nice pics.

Me + heights =
45921607.scared.gif

I miss having a wheeling rig sometimes :(.

Current trail conditions in Ouray area.

Current Jeep Road Conditions:
California Pass - OPEN through, but icy at top.

Corkscrew Pass - CLOSED on Ouray County side for repairs currently underway.Expected completion... 10 days. However, OPEN from Gladstone from the Silverton side to summit.

Gladstone - OPEN

Hurricane Pass - OPEN, but very icy and slushy at top.

Imogene Pass - OPEN! Lots of snow on the upper elevations and absolutely SINGLE LANE only above false summit and Tomboy. Exercise extreme caution!

Owl Creek Pass - OPEN.

Picayune Trail - OPEN.

Yankee Boy Basin - OPEN! Watch out for falling rocks and water run off as temperatures rise. Don't miss this trail as the falls are running through lots of snow.

Engineer Pass - OPEN!. ROCKY and ROUGHER than usual if you can believe that! Experienced, High Clearance, short wheel base vehicles strongly recommended.

Cinnamon Pass - OPEN to Lake City! Warm temperatures are causing severe run-off on the trail. Single lane traffic is necessary on much of the trail. BE CAUTIOUS! Expert off-road drivers and high clearance vehicles only!

Last Dollar Road - OPEN and beautful...although a little dusty!

Ophir Pass - OPEN.

Red Mountain Town Loop - OPEN and MUDDY!

Silverton to Animas Forks - OPEN!

Cunningham Gulch - OPEN to Highland Mary Mine.

Black Bear Pass - CLOSED

Governor's Basin - CLOSED

Maggie' and Minnie Gulch - OPEN

Placer Gulch - CLOSED

Poughkeepsie Gulch - Snow drifts still present towards winch point and around Lake Como.

Stoney Pass - OPEN! High clearance vehicles for river crossings recommended.

South Mineral Springs - OPEN several miles into canyon

Yeah I've been around, not visiting explorer forum nearly often enough. Been too busy with the animal shelter here and rmftc and all that stuff... but, it's all good...
I'd rent a jeep but not sure I want to eb 'that guy". Maybe if they rented modified explorers or something? LOL.

matt, wanna rent the X? lol

Im gonna have tochange to a maybe. Im not positive i can get off work, plus the explorer is still broken. :(

subscribed interested no timwe to read will soon!

dang JT thats as the crow flies! Only possible to the East from my house (rockies) LOL

Meet you in Pueblo?

dang JT thats as the crow flies! Only possible to the East from my house (rockies) LOL

Meet you in Pueblo?

That's out of your way--but sure!!

After that drive, we'll be up for any familiar face, if you know what I mean.

I REALLY hate to do this, but I'm going to have to back out. :( I have to go to a good friends wedding on Saturday. I'll try to make it for Friday but I won't know until then weither I can make it or not.

If anyone needs a tent site at the KOA let me know and I'll transfer my spot into your name. If I don't hear from anyone by the 2nd week of Aug. I'll cancle the reservation.

If I can get someone to keep me company (preferable Female) I'm in. Any suggestions on equipment to bring (outside of camping gear). I have never gone on one of these excursions before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I can get someone to keep me company (preferable Female) I'm in. Any suggestions on equipment to bring (outside of camping gear). I have never gone on one of these excursions before.

In the very first post there is a link to suggested equipment to bring along. Hope you can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back