Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The lower edge of my muffler hangs about 2" below my frame rail-for a good 15" x 9"

Should I be worried?

Is it time to replace it?:D

Actually, someone else better answer you. I have never been on any of these trails.

The lower edge of my muffler hangs about 2" below my frame rail-for a good 15" x 9"

Should I be worried?

Just hack it off, and put a pipe in:D

See if any of the local officers bother you on your trip:D

Should I be worried?

I think it will be OK. Just keep it in mind and pick lines accordingly. How much distance from the ground to the muffler?

Stupid mufflers! Mines about ready to fall off and that is on the list to fix before the trip.

Brett, I dont have a problem with it...as long as you bring the keys to this :D

So my roommate just saw my pictures of Black Bear and said "oh, the house in Bridal Veil falls, its really cool inside.." Apparantly his dad's good friend has a 99 year lease on it from the NFS. He showed me pictures of them walking around in/out of it :thumbsup:

Update... maybe, just maybe I'll soon be buying a '00 XLT 4 Door w/ only 66.5k miles on it. It doesn't have any skid plates, so I'd have to source those in a hurry

Brett, I dont have a problem with it...as long as you bring the keys to this :D

Yeah, I ended up moving out of that place b/c he and his friends were idiots. Don't really think I could ask favors now :banghead:

Who all is camping in the KOA ghetto? And What's for dinner?

I was cleaning my old classic Coleman cookstove today, and decided a soaking in the parts degreaser was a good idea-
now it has no paint--ha ha

Are campfires allowed in the campground?

Me and 2 of my buddys are coming up to the KOA and SDVike is also in the site next to me

What are you all running on what days? I am camping in buena Vista all weekend, so I will be somewhat close. I might try to come over if my group is running some lame trail! Can you move the itenerary to the first post also for easy reference?

Thanks!

What are you all running on what days? Thanks!

well Im not sure. I know what I want to do but what does everyone else want?

I know I have said:

Black Bear + Imogene + Yankee boy Basin if time

Engineer + Cinnamon + more if time/wanted

I will save Black Bear for which ever day looks like it will have the best weather.

well Im not sure. I know what I want to do but what does everyone else want?

I know I have said:

Black Bear + Imogene + Yankee boy Basin if time

Engineer + Cinnamon + more if time/wanted

I will save Black Bear for which ever day looks like it will have the best weather.

I'd like, if possible, to do both Imogene and black bear. Or did I say that already?

I'd like, if possible, to do both Imogene and black bear. Or did I say that already?

Yeup... they're easily linked into a loop with a stop in Telluride for lunch/ice cream :D

If I come, I'd probably run Ophir as I doubt I would want to take a stock Explorer/Grand Cherokee down Blackbear

Yeup... they're easily linked into a loop with a stop in Telluride for lunch/ice cream :D

dont forget the free bins!:)

If I come, I'd probably run Ophir as I doubt I would want to take a stock Explorer/Grand Cherokee down Blackbear

I think there might be 1 or 2 more that would join you on Ophir

I'll join you since I don't want to run Black Bear either. I figure one of my buddies will follow me, but the other might run Black Bear. We like a camp fire, should I bring wood or can I find it at the site (old dead trees to cut).

I'll join you since I don't want to run Black Bear either. I figure one of my buddies will follow me, but the other might run Black Bear. We like a camp fire, should I bring wood or can I find it at the site (old dead trees to cut).

The lady at the KOA desk said they sell firewood. But I'm going to bring some hedge--for real heat.

You'll be in the mountains. 5 minute trip out of town and theres wood for miles. lol

motors in and runs great! New f. springs are in, working on rear axle brg.'s, few more bugs to work out pick up buddy's trailer, load up and roll. leaving here Wed night staying in Salida then heading in thurs morn noonish anyone around we will be at the Cascade Falls Lodge in ouray 120 Sixth Avenue or call my cell 719 989 0796 see yall there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back