Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I still think ...:shifty_ey....Sheri wants to hit me...:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I still think ...:shifty_ey....Sheri wants to hit me...:p:

Better you than me-
She's kinda wimpy though, it doesn't hurt much.

Brian call me before you head to True Grit, we'll meet yall for dinner, (I asume th folks are coming)

Will do! Just my father will be coming with me this time. Have a safe trip Marshall and I will see you in a few days.

Scott, sorry to hear you cant make it, I was looking forward to wheeling with you again. Next year for sure although it may be in a different CO wheeling hot spot.

So my plan Friday is to check into my hotel in Ridgway Friday around 3 then head west out of Ridgway to partially run Last Dollar Road into Telluride and back. Then it will be to True Grit for dinner.

That should get you a decent one. Make sure it is 40 channel, some of them are only half that. What brand is it? Wal-mart site doesnt show it. Uniden and Cobra are both good brands. A CB will be really helpful on the trails so do what you have to do to have it on the trip! Dont forget a mag mount antenna.

It is a Cobra 19 or 29. I don't remember which. I think I could get it mounted and hooked up to a magnetic antenna before I leave, but I don't know if I can get it tuned. I read a thread about tuning, but how much is a tuner? I didn't see anything like that in Radio Shack or Walmart.

Don't worry about tuning it right now - it will run fine out of the box.

It is a Cobra 19 or 29. I don't remember which. I think I could get it mounted and hooked up to a magnetic antenna before I leave, but I don't know if I can get it tuned. I read a thread about tuning, but how much is a tuner? I didn't see anything like that in Radio Shack or Walmart.
Like this?

Attachments

• cb radios.jpg
    cb radios.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 224

Yep, good or bad?

Mine works-
I am no expert though

I was wondering if we can get an updated list of the "for sure" going to make it's

Also-
which CB channel will we be using? Just in case someone is late--

Keeping track of the ins and outs is hard, we need an automated system! :confused:

Brian1
jtsmith
offroader_69_me
Jeffbethandkidz (+2)
nssj2 (+2)
Hokie
SDVike
wakesk8er
410Fortune (+1)

becker69 - still unconfirmed
1993fordexploere - still unconfirmed

I think thats right, any corrections?

CB Channel 1, backup ch 3 (if too much radio traffic, etc.)

1st post has been updated as well with this info.

Can I assume you are planning are making it next year???????

...I can never tell...It is a transitional time in my business...When school starts work stops till just before the holidays..:dunno:

..I still believe trail pics need at least 1 Ranger in the crowd...;)

...I can never tell...It is a transitional time in my business...When school starts work stops till just before the holidays..:dunno:

We'll photoshop one in there for you.;)

I'll bet we run in to 1 or 2 while we're there. Want me to say hi?

...If you are going to Phototshop a Ranger in, Photoshop mine please, as I would like to see my ranger in that setting...:D

...And please, no captions saying, "and this is a pic of where Tbars Ranger would be if he was here"...:p:

Hey guys im going to have to step down from this trip .. i was really looking forward to my first forum run but due to several reasons i will not be able to go... Just take lots and lots of pics for me :(:(:(

Chad

we will be there, yellow FJ and my BII..

scrambling to get them both ready.. but planning to leave Fri afternoon
its 300 miles for us

Hokie, I'm coming by myself if you are looking for someone to ride the trails with. I know it isn't as fun as driving.:(

I'm going to try to hitch a ride with Jim/Jenni and then just hop from vehicle to vehicle while on the trails :)

I really want to buy a SUV but I found out Monday that I might be moving to Charleston, SC in the spring, thus negating the need for a 4x4

EDIT: But I still have my eye on this guy...
He had the 5R55E rebuilt about 8k miles ago (From how he described the problem it sounds like a EPC solenoid, 2-3 flare, but the shop still told him to rebuild it to the tune of ~ $2k:eek:) so he's pretty proud and not willing to come down much in price
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/812273652.html
01151001041001030320080825bb61a894b3efe9302500589e.jpg

01010301150601020120080825345f4e278d0eb61a1500caac.jpg

i'll be +1 at least or +2... hoping i can get my beast ready in time! all i ever do is ride my scooter and bike around, lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will do! Just my father will be coming with me this time. Have a safe trip Marshall and I will see you in a few days.

Scott, sorry to hear you cant make it, I was looking forward to wheeling with you again. Next year for sure although it may be in a different CO wheeling hot spot.

So my plan Friday is to check into my hotel in Ridgway Friday around 3 then head west out of Ridgway to partially run Last Dollar Road into Telluride and back. Then it will be to True Grit for dinner.

ok call me before Last Dollar and I'll go there too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back