Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok call me before Last Dollar and I'll go there too!

OK. Anyone else wants to do it too it is basically a dirt road but is supposed to be scenic. Hang out in Ridgway around the stop light (10-15 minutes N. of Ouray) around 3ish, I cant say for sure what time I will be there b/c of traffic, etc. Or if you have the book and want to venture on your own I would suggest Owl Creek Pass north of Ridgway, it is another easy but scenic trail.

The weather forecast looks good, sunny Fri & Sat with 40% chance of scattered t-storms possible on Sunday.

I will have some door prizes to give out, I just received a package from Rick :bounce::bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmmmmmmmmmm... side note - what way are you Northern CO/Denver guys taking..... I have a feeling it's going to be a cluster for us to get out of the area with the DNC going on and all. arrghhh.....

and, where is everybody camping, the KOA? i read that in a post i think but i'm at work and can't read all the old posts without getting yelled at lol

hmmmmmmmmmm... side note - what way are you Northern CO/Denver guys taking..... I have a feeling it's going to be a cluster for us to get out of the area with the DNC going on and all. arrghhh.....

and, where is everybody camping, the KOA? i read that in a post i think but i'm at work and can't read all the old posts without getting yelled at lol

I'm in the KOA and I think of at least 2 others. Chadders was going to be there also, but he can't make it. His spot might be open.

What route is everyone taking from Denver? Map quest says it takes 5.5 hrs by going on 285, 6 hours via Grand Junction. I'm guessing the 5.5 hrs is optimistic if traffic isn't slow.

jeeeeeeeeeebus! 27 bucks a night for a tent campsite? seems a little steep to me... where is everybody else staying? i guess i should just suck it up.. ha

<----(jumps out with cape and mask on)

..I'll take your shift on the forum while you are gone...:bounce:...let the fun begin...

Yeah--it's the location. I think they have wireless internet there though.

...Since it looks like you are the only one going from out of state, when are you leaving???..It seems like everone in the local area has a plan but I'm not sure how far you are from there but, shouldn't you be a gettin'???..:scratch:

...Yea, but you have laid out your details and schedules and have been there before...:D

..Jon hasn't said a word of when he was leaving...:dunno:...He must have left when I ask when he is leaving...lol..

yeah, we are heading down 285 too... that will avoid the denver friday evening traffic coming from boulder. it doesn't look tooooo far on mapquest...

I'm in the KOA and I think of at least 2 others. Chadders was going to be there also, but he can't make it. His spot might be open.

What route is everyone taking from Denver? Map quest says it takes 5.5 hrs by going on 285, 6 hours via Grand Junction. I'm guessing the 5.5 hrs is optimistic if traffic isn't slow.

bummer you can't make it... were you able to get a refund on your campsite? if not, i'll pay ya for it. i was just going to book online but if you are screwed getting a refund back i'd help ya out. let me know tomorrow if you can!

i have all my stuff ready now... probably won't be able to do anything toooo gnarly, they were all out of adult size depends at wal mart tonight.. haha. .. but i don't have any skid plates or sliders or any of that. maybe i'm tall enough to not hit anything.. ;-)

Hey guys im going to have to step down from this trip .. i was really looking forward to my first forum run but due to several reasons i will not be able to go... Just take lots and lots of pics for me :(:(:(

Chad

Woo Hoo--
We are pulling out as soon as we can this afternoon.

857 miles-16 hours.

I may need to pull off for a nap, so it may take a bit longer.

bummer you can't make it... were you able to get a refund on your campsite? if not, i'll pay ya for it. i was just going to book online but if you are screwed getting a refund back i'd help ya out. let me know tomorrow if you can!

i have all my stuff ready now... probably won't be able to do anything toooo gnarly, they were all out of adult size depends at wal mart tonight.. haha. .. but i don't have any skid plates or sliders or any of that. maybe i'm tall enough to not hit anything.. ;-)

I'm going out on a loimb and saying , since you have a shorter wheelbase and those larger tires-you'll do just fine--

Am I still supposed to try to get that spare packed for ya?

nahhhh... don't worry about it for now... we'll just have to do a good ol postal mail swap. haha. a lady i work with is from kansas.. not sure if it's near you, but she goes to see her parents a lot i could probably wrangle something up. maybe a drop off or something? we'll see. i could always pull my little trailer out for you to take home with the wheels strapped on ;)

I'm going out on a loimb and saying , since you have a shorter wheelbase and those larger tires-you'll do just fine--

Am I still supposed to try to get that spare packed for ya?

nahhhh... don't worry about it for now... we'll just have to do a good ol postal mail swap. haha. a lady i work with is from kansas.. not sure if it's near you, but she goes to see her parents a lot i could probably wrangle something up. maybe a drop off or something? we'll see. i could always pull my little trailer out for you to take home with the wheels strapped on ;)
So, you have a spare? That is my concern at this point-
I do want those wheelies-but that is work. I'm planning fun-
so, do you need a spare?

i have the stock spare underneath... so i guess we could just swap those or something of that nature? forgive me, i just wooke up and have to be at work in 17 min lol

jtsmith, just a quick question before you leave. What type of beer do you drink? I might pick up your case in Ouray as I have a lot of prep work to do before tomorrow.

8 hrs till weekend begins:D

I'll share a KOA spot with someone if they want

285, Denver shouldn't be too bad during the day tomorrow. I drove to Aurora at 5 yesterday with no problems. They're only shutting down I-25 tonight.

brett, we should probably nab a spot.. not sure how many people they allow? shouldn't matter i hope.. i'm bringin my crazy roommate and a girl i work with most likely. you and jim leaving denver around noon right?

jtsmith, just a quick question before you leave. What type of beer do you drink? I might pick up your case in Ouray as I have a lot of prep work to do before tomorrow.

8 hrs till weekend begins:D

Hmm, no need. But I like shiner bock, dos xx , dosxx dark-fat tire-sam adams black lager is good too-

A case though, you'd better be ready to help--:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

( Forest gump voice) Jen-ni I got your tire packed-and SDVike I have a tire thing also-

Amazing how much you can cram into these things huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back