Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not going to a koa, im camping up a trail(ish). as for denver traffic, DNC is done tonight, so tomorrow afternoon should be just the normal denver clusterf&$k. im leaving here around 2 or 2:30 now. im going to see if i can talk my buddy out of going through the springs and head up 285. for the early departers drive safe!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just found this out from a guy we rode BlackBear with last year that will also join us this year again - "I forgot to mention, with a group that size the Ouray Hot Springs offers group discounts for $5 each for groups of 15 or more. Let me know if your group might be interested so we can coordinate that."

Dont forget ~7:30 Sat. morning at the ice park so we can beat the traffic to Black Bear/Ophir!

Now time for me to pack...

...I seen that they are expecting 40% t-storms from tomorrow night thru tuesday...

...You guys be careful and post pics as you go...:D

reserved a campsite at the koa - hope it doesn't rain. haha. coolers are packed and ready to go. oh, and my other stuff too ;-) see y'all soon

Where is everybody?

Attachments

• campsite.jpg
    campsite.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 383

...Nice looking place to camp but, isn't sheri's tent a little small..:p:

ha ha--it might be mine--

I'm gonna hit the shower and take a little nap-someone want to wake me up before 3:00 so we can make the dinner rund thingy?

Wow, you got there early! When did you leave? Any stops on the way?

...I will check in on this thread later...I'm working on some arches right now but should be back on in time to give a 3 o'clock heads up on your dinner thingy..:D

hey jt.. must be internet access there? my roommate needs to file his unemployment on sunday... hahaha. he's not much of a "camper" either so we'll see. the place looks nice! will be there laaaate tonight, like 10 or so. i have no idea where my spot is i should call them.

hey jt.. must be internet access there? my roommate needs to file his unemployment on sunday... hahaha. he's not much of a "camper" either so we'll see. the place looks nice! will be there laaaate tonight, like 10 or so. i have no idea where my spot is i should call them.

we're in 47, right next to 48--

it's open right now-so is 46 and 49--

maybe they can juggle the site around?

oh,
yes, they have free wirelees with 3 repeaters--

Wow, you got there early! When did you leave? Any stops on the way?

Only for fuel and a 5 hour whatever those things are--
it let me down after only 3--

We averaged about 18mpg-which isn't too shabby considering we had aboiut 600 lbs of gear--
We left Humboldt at 6:00 pm and pulled into KOA at precisely 8:52 am

Google maps said 15 hrs 37 minutes-

Here are a few pics from today. We ran Last Dollar Road for a little ways then turned around and went back. Nice easy trail with a nice view at the point we stopped.

Attachments

• m_DSC03457.JPG
    m_DSC03457.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,118
  • m_DSC03460.JPG
    m_DSC03460.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,133
  • m_DSC03463.JPG
    m_DSC03463.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 2,194

And here's a pic I photoshopped for Tbars-
I put his truck on the hill, and put Sheri in next to it--

Attachments

• t bars truck.jpg
    t bars truck.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 328

It looks like a blast. I spent a couple hours this evening rolling around in the yard replacing my shocks. I wish I was in Ouray instead, lol.

More pics!! MOOORE!!! I demand more!

Dayum I hate posting these:

We are not going to make this, instead we are going to the doctor

Now the good news:

yesterday I found out we are pregnant!
Holey moley!

My wife is RH- which means she needs an injection ASAP
We were planning to do this in abouta year, I guess the powers that be decided sooner was better!

Have fun I hate to miss this run, so needed a mini vacation

Congrats!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will start a picture and trip report thread when I get home but for now here are a few more teasers. We ran Black Bear and Imogene today. A few issues on Black Bear ( :eek: ) but everyone made it down mostly unscathed!

Blackbear:

Attachments

• m_DSC03499.JPG
    m_DSC03499.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 289
  • m_DSC03507.JPG
    m_DSC03507.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 281
  • m_DSC03523.JPG
    m_DSC03523.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 287

Status