Ouray, CO Labor Day Weekend (CCR 07?) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Weekend (CCR 07?)

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Great pics guys. I'd like to make it out there some time. That 4 door Rubicon looks pretty nice.

(And Mike showing up Jeeps is becoming a regular occurance. Jeff probably remembers the amazed gawking of the built rigs on Fins & Things when Mike was showing them up ;) )

Mike has mad skillz. He could probably take an '85 Cutlass Supreme through most trails with no damage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Found these on another site. It gives an interesting perspective:D

black5.jpg

blacke.jpg

Oh HELLZ no! Tilt168 got a little close to the edge on part of Steelbender (this past trip to Moab) and I pulled a 'Spiderman'.... went right out the window and clung to the wall because I thought we might go over :eek: I'd have to walk behind y'all and take pictures, lol.

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Oh HELLZ no! Tilt168 got a little close to the edge on part of Steelbender (this past trip to Moab) and I pulled a 'Spiderman'.... went right out the window and clung to the wall because I thought we might go over :eek: I'd have to walk behind y'all and take pictures, lol.

Ha... yeah, that picture does much better explaining it than JT and my descriptions... ;)

Oh, there was one girl how got scared and refused to ride in her dad's Toyota T100. She was walking down the trail.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
your all jerks!!

JK I wish I could have made this but the list of repairs the BII needs is half page long....plan to have them completed in 2 weeks

FlyBoyCoe

Reaction score
City, State
Corpus Christi, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer
(And Mike showing up Jeeps is becoming a regular occurance. Jeff probably remembers the amazed gawking of the built rigs on Fins & Things when Mike was showing them up ;) )

Oh yeah, I remember that vividly. Silly Jeepers don't realize that their super-short wheelbase isn't always the best thing in the world. I think they were embarrassed that every single X in our group made it up those hills, and they were struggling to get up it.

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Some of my favorite pics

Attachments

• Resize of looking up at black bear from telluride.JPG
    Resize of looking up at black bear from telluride.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Resize of atop california gulch.JPG
    Resize of atop california gulch.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Resize of bridal veil falls.JPG
    Resize of bridal veil falls.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Resize of going down into yankee boy.JPG
    Resize of going down into yankee boy.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 294

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport

Attachments

• Resize of switchbacks on stony pass.JPG
    Resize of switchbacks on stony pass.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Resize of sitting on my truck on imogene pass.JPG
    Resize of sitting on my truck on imogene pass.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 233
  • Resize of pass going up imogene.JPG
    Resize of pass going up imogene.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Resize of going down corkscrew shelf road.JPG
    Resize of going down corkscrew shelf road.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 233

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Sweet, nice shot! I wish that shadow wasnt there so I could see how far my back tire was in the air. It felt like a foot or 2 but in reality it probably wasnt much

It was 2 feet when you were telling Doug to hurry up with the camera ;)

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
So my roommate just saw my pictures of Black Bear and said "oh, the house in Bridal Veil falls, its really cool inside.." Apparantly his dad's good friend has a 99 year lease on it from the NFS. He showed me pictures of them walking around in/out of it :thumbsup:

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
So my roommate just saw my pictures of Black Bear and said "oh, the house in Bridal Veil falls, its really cool inside.." Apparantly his dad's good friend has a 99 year lease on it from the NFS. He showed me pictures of them walking around in/out of it :thumbsup:

Why didnt you find that out before we went! So next year we can stop and have lunch in the house right? :D

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
See if we can camp in the yard--:D

I'm friggin serious--

Ha, there really isn't a 'yard' - Its on a friggin' cliff!

Ok Spas... two more I found on Colorado4x4.org, there's a pic on that forum of me wrenching under my truck :rolleyes: (Atleast you can see how much crap I had packed into the back of the Mounty, something the Jeepers were jealous of! :p:)

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 7a.jpg
    7a.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 415
  • wrenching.jpg
    wrenching.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 225

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
attachment.php

holy strong dog

"...and carry a big stick"

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Ha, there really isn't a 'yard' - Its on a friggin' cliff!

Ok Spas... two more I found on Colorado4x4.org, there's a pic on that forum of me wrenching under my truck :rolleyes: (Atleast you can see how much crap I had packed into the back of the Mounty, something the Jeepers were jealous of! :p:)

OoOOOOooooooo! Damn it, you guys get all the gorgeous scenery. We have so many trees that you almost never even see the sky, let alone any breathtaking vistas :(

Hokie, I hear ya on the overpacking... but all the way to the roof?! Daaaaaaamn :D

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Hokie, I hear ya on the overpacking... but all the way to the roof?! Daaaaaaamn :D

Well, it was only too the roof on the side that had the mtn bike. Every thing else was below the rear seat back rests. And I didn't have the passenger side reat seats flopped - so it wasn't thaaaaat much stuff ;)

FlyBoyCoe

Reaction score
City, State
Corpus Christi, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer
OoOOOOooooooo! Damn it, you guys get all the gorgeous scenery. We have so many trees that you almost never even see the sky, let alone any breathtaking vistas :(

Just another reason why Colorado is awesome. It's pretty much the best state. Ever.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

becker69

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
I wonder if the 'before Black Bear' photo you found on Colorado4x4 (the one with hokie wrenching on his sway bar) was meant as a 'this is what they looked like before they went through the trail ? :D Ha... they were some pretty cool guys and gals... but I wouldn't blame them for thinking that we might not get through with as square a body as we started... hell, I have almost 1.3 times the wheelbase as some of them... bringing in a

svelte 205" overall length!! :D :p:

I know for all those who give me crap for knowing (or attempting to know) wheelbase figures... or rig dimensions ;) :D

Just to revisit, ;) Yes mike does have 'mad skilz' wheelin'!!