Ouray, CO Labor Day Weekend (CCR 07?) | Page 9 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Weekend (CCR 07?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mrboyle

I Drive By Brail
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
attachment.php

holy strong dog

"...and carry a big stick"

That would be Bandit! He doesn't settle for a simple stick, he goes for the entire tree!

IMGP2080-vi.jpg

becker69

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
And you, sir, have mad tie-rod bending skillz :D

Ha Ha. ;) Well thanks to Evan, (for the spares) and Mike and Goliath for showing me how to swap em out... I have a few spares and all I need is a 21mm socket and I'm good to go. :thumbsup:

becker69

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
Well I just tanked up the truck... and worked out 15.5 gallons when I got 345 miles on the tank!!! 22.2 miles per gallon :eek: :eek: !!!!! That's astounding even for my SOHC, 4.10's and 32's. Jeff and I ran pretty smoothly on the way back with out a ton of downshifs and heavy pedal. I am stoked. I know the airing up of my tires to 36.5 psi helped quite a bit. I'm stoked it saved me a couple duckets on my home :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

FlyBoyCoe

Reaction score
City, State
Corpus Christi, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer
Spas said:
And you, sir, have mad tie-rod bending skillz :D

I can attest to that.

Attachments

• MOAB_205.JPG
    MOAB_205.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 257

FlyBoyCoe

Reaction score
City, State
Corpus Christi, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer
That picture is of Becker's truck and the tie-rod he bent that Spas was talking about. I believe Spas is referring to the fact that Evan busted 3 CV's on that trip. Correct me if I'm wrong Lindsy.

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
That picture is of Becker's truck and the tie-rod he bent that Spas was talking about. I believe Spas is referring to the fact that Evan busted 3 CV's on that trip. Correct me if I'm wrong Lindsy.

You're always wrong and I'm always right :D J/K!! ;) Yes, that picture is of Doug's tie rod that he bent on our way to Fins & Things, and poor Evan seemed like he was breaking them every 5 feet. Jeff hasn't murdered one... yet.

DSCN1890_Small_.jpg

DSCN1895_Small_.jpg

becker69

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
Ah yes the good old days of Moab 07 :D I hadn't seen that tarp shade pic before, but it was cool of everyone there to pitch in to see if they could lend a hand to Mike (and I sort of :( ) to fix it. Mike and company were all nice enough to school me on how to replace one and now I know and wheel with spares. As far as I know, Johnstone and I are the only sport tracs to trash one when wheelin (ironically, I was with him when he pretzeled his outside of Las Cruces ;) ).

Then again.... I think we're practically the only trac explorers that wheel :salute: !!!

becker69

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
Incidentally... Jeff's picture he posted earlier shows where the tie rod went up and back (and as I noticed much later... ignored at first due to confusion :D ) actually notched and bent -while driving back to canyonlands from fins -- my sway bar end link. The end link is still a bit / but pseudo-functional, till I see a need to replace it :thumbsup:

AspenX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Garland, TX Aspen,Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB 4x4,04 Z06 Corvette
:mad:Crap! I wanted to go to Ouray again. In for next year, if you go back there.
:DOh yeah. The 3.27s are gone, and the 4.10 is in.:thumbsup:

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
:mad:Crap! I wanted to go to Ouray again. In for next year, if you go back there.
:DOh yeah. The 3.27s are gone, and the 4.10 is in.:thumbsup:

I think its pretty much decided, we are going to have a big run in Ouray Labor Day weekend 2008!

PS- Rick or another Mod, you can un-sticky this.