• Register Today It's free!

Outside rearview mirror...

Razziel24

Reaction score
City, State
Guayaquil
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 3.5 V6 Base
Hi, as ive stated before, I have the base model, and I want to add this rearview mirrors to my EX, It says they come equipped with bliss, turn signals and "puddle"

$(KGrHqIOKjYE6hfCHlw1BOwo(r6m2!~~60_12.jpg

Mine doesnt have any of those things, so my questions are...

Do I have to buy some sort of aditional sensor for the bliss ?
Will I have to wire the turn signals ? does it come prewired ?

If someone knows, please let me know, thank you very much

Heres the link to the ebay item...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-201...er&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbe896840#ht_3240wt_1037

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Razzle I would remove the interior cap and see how many wires are going to the connector, I am pretty sure it should be wired for heater and turn signals (but make sure). Also as far as bliss goes, I think it will be front bumper (That's where the sensors are), wiring, and probably programming ----that if this can be done.

The mirrors above don't have bliss, I think. It might just be the small blind spot mirror on top left hand corner.

if you have a base model, i seriously doubt you'd be able to add BLIS by simply getting the mirror....you'd have to have rear sensors on your rear bumper as well i think.

could you please post a picture of your connector ? thanks a lot

If you are asking me, well I too have a base model.

Most vehicles are pre-wired off the line, but the bliss is front and rear sensors, computer changes and such, the mirrors above are not equipped for bliss.

Most vehicles are pre-wired off the line, but the bliss is front and rear sensors, computer changes and such, the mirrors above are not equipped for bliss.

The vendor wrote me... this is what he said...

"Dear razziel24,

This mirror is equipped with the electronic "Blind Spot System", with the glowing orange dot on the mirror glass.

- oempartsauthority"

I dont want the bliss, since from what im reading it would be a pain to make it work in my car..... Id just like to have the turn signals and the power folding option.

Might work then for you

I dont want bliss anymore :p
I just want the turn signals and the power folding option.

:D:D:D

Back