Outside temp sensor ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Outside temp sensor ?

hammydog

Reaction score
City, State
Wayne Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey i gotta question for you guys. I have a spare parts explorer that i am taking parts off of and i want to use to the overhead temp/compass display thats in it. My question is i found what i think is the sensor but it doesnt look like all the others that people have posted. So i just wanna know if i am looking at the correct piece. Here are the pics .
P1010910.jpg

P1010915.jpg

P1010913.jpg
BTW the wires are blue with a yellow stripe and one has a white stripe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup that's it!!!!

You just won the "No Prize"

Shouldnt all the sensors for those look the same ? This one i seen on here is different. Do they differ from year to year ?
tempsensor2.jpg

Do they differ from year to year ?
Yes, they do. For 2nd gen Explorers, as long as the color codes are blue/white and blue/yellow, you have the right sensor.

The two in this photo are electrically interchangeable, so either would work fine in any gen 2 Ex overhead console:

296394_203_full.jpg

[Something to watch out for: there is a similar looking sensor on high end Explorers that is for the EATC climate control. The color codes are red/orange and pink black. That sensor has a different impedance and would read erroneous temps if used for the console temp.]

Thank you ! That answers my question 100 % !

Back