Oval hole in center console (Pictures) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oval hole in center console (Pictures)

Perfect Maglight mini holder. :D

int7.jpg

Jason, I've never thought of that- stellar idea!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, I take it that they're one size fits all then and therefore don't fit very well?

Yep, OSFA. They were only supposed to be a temporary offroading thing, but I liked the way they looked and they've been on for a while now. They fit OK, but they kept popping up in the front, so I punched some grommets into them and tied them down underneat the seat. Big improvement.

Jason, I've never thought of that- stellar idea!!

Thanks man. It's just one of those things that happened. "I wonder if this would fit in - PERFECT!" :D The nylon sleeve couldnt fit any better, and it doesn't move around at all.

Thanks Jason, ordered a console cover today from Maciek!!

Nice. Shoot me pics when it's all in.

Thanks for the awesome thread guys... Just bought a 97 and I was wondering what that was...

Nice. Shoot me pics when it's all in.

Jason,
Received the console cover today. I need get some slack out of the cover. How were you able to stretch it and keep it tight like in your pic?? Thanks

Empty slot in the console?

There's a mysterious empty slot on my full console, on the front outside of the storage area.

What's supposed to be there?

The slot it made for a mini pack of tissues.
You can get them at the drug stores.

Which drug stores?? I have been looking all over the place.

They are kinda hard to find by me too. I think the box size is called "juniors" . Kleenex (i think) has a similar size pack now but it isnt in a box. its more like in a pack like baby wipe are.. They fit ok. Thats what ive been using because thats what I can find around here.

I'm thinking it's a perfect location for a small yet powerful entertainment system computer. ;) Build it with all the connections in one big connector at the bottom so it's easy to pull out. Make a faceplate to fit the tissue hole, with buttons that have easy to identify bumps for basic operations.

Which drug stores?? I have been looking all over the place.
I heard around the forum to look at Walgreen and and CVS.
If you wanna pay a little more you could always scan the internet for them and ship them.

Tissues.....:rolleyes:real men wipe their snot on their sleeves!!!:D:D:D:D I say entertainment system computer!:thumbsup:

My Sig Sauer fits nicely in there...

My Colt Officer's Lightweight fits quite well indeed with spare clips also.:D

what is this?

A 12 point fuse block to run accessories with. 4 ga wire ran to the battery and 4 ga ran to the chassis for ground.

Wires can be ran inside the full length console to hide, and this is a simple way to check fuses. Perfect for stereos, CB radios, lights, etc....

I never once used the tissue holder for what it was meant for, so dead space was utilized to accommodate the extra fuse block.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back