Over heat? FIRST GEN All aluminum 3 row radiators! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Over heat? FIRST GEN All aluminum 3 row radiators!

damn I was gonna get one of these but I cant find em on ebay anymore!! I knew I should have jumped on it a few weeks back. I bought a standard two row plastic one two years ago from radiator classic and it started leaking. They said they would send me a new replacement once I send back the failed one.I need to be able to drive my X so I was just gonna get the all aluminum then just sell or keep the plastic replacement

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is more coming . Should be soon . But if you can hold out the 3 core is worth the wait . fr-425 will bump this thread once more comes up for sale . ;)

I went ahead and bought the regular 2-row plastic tank rad for now because going to WV next weekend. Still going to get this one when it gets back in stock though

Had to make an account because im excited to get my hands on one of these too; Ive gotton an ETA from Radiator classic for the aluminum 3 row radiators that they will be getting them in about mid-august for anyone that can hold out.

Had to make an account because im excited to get my hands on one of these too; Ive gotton an ETA from Radiator classic for the aluminum 3 row radiators that they will be getting them in about mid-august for anyone that can hold out.

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Each time I see this thread, I'm tempted to get one for when I change out the hoses and flush the system. I'm going to be removing the radiator anyway to get rid of the last of the A/C system. I don't have any issues with the current radiator which is a remanufactured plastic tank style so it's hard to justify spending money on this one. However, I'm all for preventative maintenance :D

You can take my word on it or fr-425's word , these 3 cores do the job . I also got word to call rad. classic in august to check up on them . was going to pm fr-425 but I forgot .. :D my next thing to do is an electric fan which will keep it cooler &^ a steering box I am just to lazy to change . :roll::salute:

Not to hijack but how do you tell how many cores your radiator has? I was told the one in my Ex was "extra thick".

I had the HD cooling package on my ex & it had 2 cores . the tubes were wide the 3 cores have the alum. tanks which is really nice .
101231_017.jpg
This is a pic of my stock rad.
If you look between the coil & the tank you will see 2 flat tubes going from one side to the other . that is a 2 core . hope this helps

That does help. Mine looks exactly like yours, with plastic tanks. I have the factory transmission cooler so I probably got the towing package. Temps are rising the last few days but the engine's stayed cool, around the N and O. No issues with my cooling setup but I know it needs help. Tempting to upgrade... :)

LOL !! sounds like you are talking yourself into a new rad. I also have the factory trans. oil cooler . mine had the towing package . It started out as a DOD auto. so it was taken care of . Once more become available fr-425 will bump the thread . :salute:

LOL !! sounds like you are talking yourself into a new rad. I also have the factory trans. oil cooler . mine had the towing package . It started out as a DOD auto. so it was taken care of . Once more become available fr-425 will bump the thread . :salute:

RadiatorClassic sent me this email recently

Hello,
We do not show it coming any time soon
Thank You
MG

- radiatorclassic

One of these has been keeping my '94 with the SOHC engine cool for 5 years now!

Radiator classic has the three row back out on e-bay. Just ordered mine $146 free shipping I think 5 are left. Steve.:exp:

Does anyone know if the auto trans radiator will fit the manual trans application? Is it just a matter of using a different lower radiator hose?

Does anyone know if the auto trans radiator will fit the manual trans application? Is it just a matter of using a different lower radiator hose?

For first gens they are swappable either way.lower hose is only difference. I run a manual rad in my auto ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for paying attention [MENTION=232987]gmbroy[/MENTION]!

Just bought me a fresh one. Nice!

Back