OverDrive

DSteele41

Reaction score
City, State
OKC,OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac
4x4
Is Overdrive supposed to be On by Default on these Sports Tracs ?

Is it Normal to drive Daily Drives with OverDrive ON ?

Meaning when I start and drive my Truck the OverDrive OFF Light is OFF whch to me means its ON

and Turns Off When I push Overdrive Button and "OverDrive OF" Light is ON

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Default is OD on or engaged when needed. Pushing the OD button removes the default and the transmission will not shift into OD. I believe it will also change something in the valve body too.

Default is OD on or engaged when needed. Pushing the OD button removes the default and the transmission will not shift into OD. I believe it will also change something in the valve body too.

@sr139fox

Seems very backwards; seems You would push OD button to Engage instead of it being Engaged by Default and hitting OD button to turn OFF

thanks though for the reply

It’s perfectly sensible. It’s the overdrive inhibit button. The only time you normally wouldn’t use OD is if you are towing, or the transmission won’t quit hunting. Virtually all cars with OD control has it on by default.

It’s perfectly sensible. It’s the overdrive inhibit button. The only time you normally wouldn’t use OD is if you are towing, or the transmission won’t quit hunting. Virtually all cars with OD control has it on by default.

@Mbrooks420

Copy that Thank You

Back