• Register Today It's free!

Overhead console question

ptlmbutler

Reaction score
City, State
Northeast Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT
I have a 2007 Explorer and there is something in the overhead console that I am preplxed by. There is the garage door opener section, then there is the sunglass holder section, but closest tot he windshirld there is another section that I am puzzled by. The third section in the overhead console (closest to the windshield) doesn't open but it looks like it is designed to hold something although I have no idea what that might be. My owners manual didn't explain it and I can't find it onlien either.
PLEASE HELP before I loose my mind.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2007 Explorer and there is something in the overhead console that I am preplxed by. There is the garage door opener section, then there is the sunglass holder section, but closest tot he windshirld there is another section that I am puzzled by. The third section in the overhead console (closest to the windshield) doesn't open but it looks like it is designed to hold something although I have no idea what that might be. My owners manual didn't explain it and I can't find it onlien either.
PLEASE HELP before I loose my mind.

Thanks

I think that is normally a mirror to watch the kiddies in the back from the driverseat

I don't think that it is a mirror. It looks like a piece of plastic that a piece of paper or maybe credit card could slide between. I am just not sure what ti is designed for.

I don't think that it is a mirror. It looks like a piece of plastic that a piece of paper or maybe credit card could slide between. I am just not sure what ti is designed for.

Probably exactly what you just mentioned, cards, ID, work badge, insurance etc...

For my 05 XLT, they called it a ticket holder. I don't have one because I have the rear heat/cool controls there.
BW

:exp: Oh, OK - a ticket holder... Now if I could just get some Super Bowl tickets I could put them in my handy ticket holder. Ha ha. Seriously though, I had no idea what it was and it was driving me crazy. You would think that Ford could think of something else to occupy that space but hey, I'm not complaining.

Back