overhead console questions

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
I was reading about the overhead console swap from a 2nd gen to a 1st gen, im really interested in doing this other than hacking up the headliner to find that the mounting holes arent there for the console mount. Ive never had good luck with headliners and dont really want to remove mine to find that i dont have what im after. the original thread mentioned that 'most' vehicles produced from 93 and later have the mounts on the roof skin. my worry is that all of the first gens i have seen with overhead consoles were 4 door limited models, were the 2 doors made any different? just some questions b4 i dive into the project, if anyone has some answers it would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry I can't help but you can always drill holes right?

ehh id rather not, but i really hate jumping in my 93 after i just drove my 97 home from work and im staring at maroon headliner and not the temperature. that and i was thinking about mounting an auxillary guage where the sunroof button is.

If it helps any I have a 1993 2dr sport and it had the threaded holes in the roof. Just be careful how much of the headliner you cut, make sure it is just enough because it's easy to take too much and then have a hole in the headliner sticking out.

If it helps any I have a 1993 2dr sport and it had the threaded holes in the roof. Just be careful how much of the headliner you cut, make sure it is just enough because it's easy to take too much and then have a hole in the headliner sticking out.

Yup, on my 2nd overhead console install I was going too fast, not paying attention and cut just a little too much out on one side. It was just a little bit I was able to tweak things and hide it.

Anyone have any pictures of this?

Back