• Register Today It's free!

overheating transmission

deamon3

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
From what I've found out this is a common problem for the transmission to overheat and spray out all it's fluid in one big dump.

Basically mine does exactly this. I've read that the most common problem is a clogged radiator , or a clogged transmission cooler. Now I'm going to have to have it taken in to get looked at , is there any other common cause for this or are those two most likely?

It does it if it's really hot outside and I drive too fast or rev it too high. I always have to stay under 1500-2000rpm and that in turn means driving very slowly. In winter , it doesn't leak a drop , only when it's hot out.

If it's getting hot enough to do that you are probably damaging your tranny,I don't consider it to be a common problem as I did 5 days offroad in the desert with mine and never had that problem.
Do you have an external cooler? Is the engine running hot? I would have the tranny flushed completely and install an external cooler if you don't have one.But like I said you probably have damaged the tranny,lets hope for the best.:D

I don think you get what I'm saying but thas ok

Back