• Register Today It's free!

Overland(ish) Build Log

Mikemanpro537

Reaction score
City, State
Ortonville, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Expo Eddie Bauer 4.6
My first post in the forum and I figured id start a log of my build. Its pretty far along now, so next posts will be going into more detail on jobs I've already done.
Shes a 2009 Eddie Bauer, with just about every option you could option in 2009. It has the 4.6 v8, with 4x4. I bought the truck in perfect showroom condition with 82,000 miles on the clock. Unfortunately within the week of getting it legal on the road, somebody ran a red light and "totaled it" i didn't have full coverage on it, so instead i rebuilt it myself since it still had a green title. At the time of posting it has 121k miles 3 years later and has been super reliable. Upgrade-wise, it has 3" strut spacers all around, with BTF UCA's int the front, It has 33x12.5r15 Cooper Discoverer AT3 Xlt tires on it with 1.5" wheel spacers (to clear the brakes with 15" wheels) Black Horse Off Road grille guard, Ark Motoring (random amazon brand lol) roof basket, LEDs in every light possible, Kicker DS door speakers, 2x Pioneer A series 2" subwoofers in a sound ordinance dual 12 ported box, Renegade 850s amp (old amp i threw in as a placeholder when my old one failed and still haven't replaced it) all driven by a Pioneer W4400NEX head unit. I'm sure there are other things i haven't included that ill mention in future posts. Stick around if you wanna see more, and im always open to suggestions or criticism. The next plans I have are building a swing-out spare tire carrier for the hatch, adding sound detonating, and overall doing a lot of small things to clean it up a bit.

IMG_0018.jpeg IMG_0023.jpeg

My first post in the forum and I figured id start a log of my build. Its pretty far along now, so next posts will be going into more detail on jobs I've already done.
Shes a 2009 Eddie Bauer, with just about every option you could option in 2009. It has the 4.6 v8, with 4x4. I bought the truck in perfect showroom condition with 82,000 miles on the clock. Unfortunately within the week of getting it legal on the road, somebody ran a red light and "totaled it" i didn't have full coverage on it, so instead i rebuilt it myself since it still had a green title. At the time of posting it has 121k miles 3 years later and has been super reliable. Upgrade-wise, it has 3" strut spacers all around, with BTF UCA's int the front, It has 33x12.5r15 Cooper Discoverer AT3 Xlt tires on it with 1.5" wheel spacers (to clear the brakes with 15" wheels) Black Horse Off Road grille guard, Ark Motoring (random amazon brand lol) roof basket, LEDs in every light possible, Kicker DS door speakers, 2x Pioneer A series 2" subwoofers in a sound ordinance dual 12 ported box, Renegade 850s amp (old amp i threw in as a placeholder when my old one failed and still haven't replaced it) all driven by a Pioneer W4400NEX head unit. I'm sure there are other things i haven't included that ill mention in future posts. Stick around if you wanna see more, and im always open to suggestions or criticism. The next plans I have are building a swing-out spare tire carrier for the hatch, adding sound detonating, and overall doing a lot of small things to clean it up a bit.

View attachment 431809 View attachment 431810
welcome to EF! thats one nice rig!!!!

Nice rig
Welcome

Any plans for gears or lockers?

Back