• Register Today It's free!

Overly Sensitive gas pedal

rpmgolfs

Reaction score
City, State
OVERLAND PARK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Anyone find issues with a overly sensitive gas pedal ? I have to be very careful with mine. Put it Sport Mode and you'd better have a lid on that coffee or you'll be wearing it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's stupid. Way sensitive throttle in Sport to make it seem sporty and fast. I don't even put it in Sport for that reason.

The only time I've noticed it is when driving and slowing down and then just touching the accelerator. That is in 'Normal' mode. I haven't really paid attention if it is the same in 'Conserve (ECO) mode.

Peter

I’ve noticed it sometimes after I have backed up and shifted into Drive. I touch the gas to go forward and I feel like I’m in rocket ship mode for a moment.
/park

I guess they figured you’d want that sensitivity when in Sport mode. Just put it in Eco and it’s the exact opposite - very docile.

Good point and that is something I need to play with. I don’t think I was in sport mode but I have to test again to be sure. Much to learn. Tnx for the tip.
/park

In Sport mode, the pedal map ratio is increased meaning the throttle blade is commanded to be open a lot more than normal given the amount of pedal application. Typically Ford's electronic throttle bodies are very laggy, so it might be a good thing.

I have noticed that intermittently upon acceleration from a stop the Explorer will jolt or jump forward with the slightest acceleration. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

I have noticed that intermittently upon acceleration from a stop the Explorer will jolt or jump forward with the slightest acceleration. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

If its really a 2020 explorer take it back and tell them you want your money. Not off to a good start already.

I believe this has been discussed before referring to a 'touchy' or sensitive gas pedal.

Peter

Your thread was merged with this one found using the 'Search' feature.

Peter

Anyone find issues with a overly sensitive gas pedal ? I have to be very careful with mine. Put it Sport Mode and you'd better have a lid on that coffee or you'll be wearing it.
Yes, I agree. I have the Platinum so it really jumps if your careful.

Back