overspeed warning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

overspeed warning

abdo1234

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Base
Hello , my name is Abdo and i'm new to your community .....
well , i bought a 2013 Explorer recently , i've noticed that the overspeed warning is not working or it's had been disabled .....

i also have one more question , how can i decrease the headlight height ?
because it's really high , and if i was driving in a dark night and used my HighBeam
i won't be able to see thing but the sky !

and excuse me if my English is bad ! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello , my name is Abdo and i'm new to your community .....
well , i bought a 2013 Explorer recently , i've noticed that the overspeed warning is not working or it's had been disabled .....

i also have one more question , how can i decrease the headlight height ?
because it's really high , and if i was driving in a dark night and used my HighBeam
i won't be able to see thing but the sky !

and excuse me if my English is bad ! :)

What's the over speed warning? I don't think there is one. You can go as fast as you want until you hit the speed limiter ( For my XLT, it's 110 MPH ).

As for the headlights, there's a slot you can insert your flathead screw driver and turn to adjust the aim of the projector. You should be able to see it on the top behind the headlight. It should be a thing you can fit a pencil sized screwdriver inside. It will also have a white plastic notch inside, like gear teeth, and that is what you need to spin.

Valet mode active on a key fob? Maybe that can be set to limit speed.

What's the over speed warning? I don't think there is one. You can go as fast as you want until you hit the speed limiter ( For my XLT, it's 110 MPH ).

As for the headlights, there's a slot you can insert your flathead screw driver and turn to adjust the aim of the projector. You should be able to see it on the top behind the headlight. It should be a thing you can fit a pencil sized screwdriver inside. It will also have a white plastic notch inside, like gear teeth, and that is what you need to spin.

when i said overspeed warning , i meant if i drove over 120 kph , i used to hear a chime in my old car , but no problem .....
i've changed my headlight height :thumbsup:
thank you my friend :D

when i said overspeed warning , i meant if i drove over 120 kph , i used to hear a chime in my old car , but no problem .....
i've changed my headlight height :thumbsup:
thank you my friend :D

What country are you in?

On my '15 Limited, the chime does only do one bleep, when passing 120km; after that it stays silent. Its an option for certain markets only (Like Middle East). If yours does not have, it maybe a US spec grey import.

That seems like a rather dumb thing to have on a car. What is the purpose of it?

That seems like a rather dumb thing to have on a car. What is the purpose of it?

No purpose; its a Legal requirement in the Middle East countries (Gulf Specs)....

No purpose; its a Legal requirement in the Middle East countries (Gulf Specs)....

actually i live in Riyadh city in Saudi Arabia , and my Explorer was imported
from US market , my old car was from Saudi Arabia , that's why i used to hear the chime ..... i thought it was disabled or something like that , i didn't know that you don't have such a thing in America :eek:

Don't know it's a requirement or not but the speed warning feature has been on every European car I have rented or owned. Seems it is available or required in many markets other than the U.S.

Back