• Register Today It's free!

Oxygen sensor locations.

piriflix

Reaction score
City, State
HOUSTON
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
Hi, just finished replacing oil pump and now the check engine light is on, took my sport trac to autozone and they said is the oxygen sensor on bank one, does anybody knows where is bank one located, and how many sensors does it have and last question, do you have to replace all the sensors or just the one is damaged, thanks.:roll::hammer::frustrate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bank 1 is on the side that cylinder #1 is on. In Ford's case it's on the right (passenger) side. If you have the SOHC V6Sport then you probably have an O2 sensor on each downpipe (left and right) prior to each cat and an O2 sensor after each cat. As I recall the Sport has an unusual numbering scheme for the O2 sensors. There was previous post showing the exhaust configuration and the numbering. I think you have a "Y" with 3 O2 sensors. I believe the third sensor is labeled Bank 1 sensor 2. I'll try and find the post.

You should get the specific code(s) and post them on the forum. Too many members replace good O2 sensors when the problem is something else. You could have knocked a wire loose when you were under the vehicle pulling your oil pan. It seems like too much of a coincidence that your sensor went bad right after you replaced your oil pump.

Bank 1 is on the side that cylinder #1 is on. In Ford's case it's on the right (passenger) side. If you have the SOHC V6Sport then you probably have an O2 sensor on each downpipe (left and right) prior to each cat and an O2 sensor after each cat. As I recall the Sport has an unusual numbering scheme for the O2 sensors. There was previous post showing the exhaust configuration and the numbering. I think you have a "Y" with 3 O2 sensors. I believe the third sensor is labeled Bank 1 sensor 2. I'll try and find the post.

You should get the specific code(s) and post them on the forum. Too many members replace good O2 sensors when the problem is something else. You could have knocked a wire loose when you were under the vehicle pulling your oil pan. It seems like too much of a coincidence that your sensor went bad right after you replaced your oil pump.

bank 1 is allmost always driver side

Bank one should be the passenger side. Upstream O2 sensor is before cat, downstream is after cat. Codes are different for up or downstream

codes

Hi just got my codes from autozone, code PO171 AND PO174 they said it is o2 sensor and mass air flow sensor, is there anything that can clean them? or have to be replaced both?

txs:(

intake manifold

So do I have to change the gasket first? it is something I can do myself or have to take it to a mechanic.

Hi everybody, thanks for all your past help, I have a p0133 code, replace the oxygen sensor bank one sensor one, and erase the codes, but I am still having the same code, any ideas? thanks.

YES, it can be something different other than the O sensors, I have replaced and tested every other sensor and vacuum lines and STILL have the same code. I am now told it could be something else. I am going to replace the oxygen sensors and go from there.

How many oxygen sensors does a 1993 EXPLORER 4.0 liter automatic have...

You might get more answers in the First Generation Section. My Second Generation 4.0 SOHC has four, two upstream of the catalytic converters, and two downstream. I don't know about the 1993.

Good luck.

You might get more answers in the First Generation Section. My Second Generation 4.0 SOHC has four, two upstream of the catalytic converters, and two downstream. I don't know about the 1993.

Good luck.
Ohh ok thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If there is 3 o2 sensors on a y configuration how many are upstream and how many are downstream

Back