P0125 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0125

Generic1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer
Ok, 02 Explorer newby here.. Service engine light came on, p0125. I checked fluid level, it was a little low, filled and light went out after a while.

Light is back on, so I assume next step is thermostat, right? But I read that in that case the temp gauge stays on C. My gauge comes up about 1/4 or so, and even midway on hot days w AC.

So, could it still be thermostat?? Thx for your help

John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did a test today.. Drove for about 10 minutes, and the upper radiator hose was too hot to hold for more than 5 or so seconds... So thermostat not stuck open?

Either air bubble in system? Or sensor?

Thx..

I did a test today.. Drove for about 10 minutes, and the upper radiator hose was too hot to hold for more than 5 or so seconds... So thermostat not stuck open?

Either air bubble in system? Or sensor?

Thx..

Change your coolant temp sensor and replace the thermostat while you are in there. Pay special attention to how you took it apart so that you can reinstall the new parts correctly. Be careful with the faceplate and mounting, do not scower or divit these areas to avoid a leak. Do not overtighten bolts. Refill coolant and report results!

I also have a Service Engine Soon light with a P0125 code.
Did you figure out the problem?

Resolved

Yes, the thermostat was bad, even tho it registered some temp.. Replaced it and everything solved

Back