P013C Trouble Code?

Drmeek83

Reaction score
City, State
Deerfield Beach, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 XLT
Hi All,

I have a '15 Explorer XLT 3.5 with a persistent CEL. OBD scanner is throwing code P013C: O2 sensor slow response-rich to lean bank 2 sensor 2.

Does this sound like a simple downstream O2 sensor replacement or something else? I see a lot of talk here about other oxygen sensor codes and references to PCV valve, but didn't see my particular code anywhere in the forums with a search.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

--DRM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Sorry, can't help with your question. Perhaps another member will join in.

Peter

I am literally dealing with the same exact situation my Cel in my wife’s 2015 base 3.5 is P013E bank 1 sensor 2 slow response rich to lean, It only has 16k on it I clear the code it comes back within a week or so, a downstream sensor for it is pricy and I hate to spend that and it not be the issue

If the bank 1 and 2 sensors are same, you can always switch them and see if the problem follows.

I am literally dealing with the same exact situation my Cel in my wife’s 2015 base 3.5 is P013E bank 1 sensor 2 slow response rich to lean, It only has 16k on it I clear the code it comes back within a week or so, a downstream sensor for it is pricy and I hate to spend that and it not be the issue
Are you saying your '15 Explorer only has 16K miles on it? If so, are you beyond the 3 year mark?

Peter

Are you saying your '15 Explorer only has 16K miles on it? If so, are you beyond the 3 year mark?

Peter
Yes I actually am it was purchased late 2014 so it expired in August if 2017..

Did you talk to your dealer? Could fall under the emissions warranty which I believe runs for 5 years.

Swap the downstream sensors, if the code doesn't switch then it's probably a catalytic converter which is covered by the federal emissions warranty.

The emission warranty coverage period is 8 years or 80,000 miles
(whichever occurs first) for catalytic converters, electronic
emission control units, and onboard emissions diagnostic devices.

5 year 50,000 mile warranty for emission and this should fall under that.

I just noticed someone posted that it was 8 and 80,000 miles. I didn't know it changed.

I took it in for an exhaust leak when it was under the warranty they stated they wouldn't fix it under warranty bc my car had an accident on the carfax. Said it was probably damaged in the accident.. at 5k miles. ... I took it home and pulled the rear manifold and it was actually warped. I just let it go and figured bc thats on the carfax I can probably wash any idea of ever taking it in again

Emission Warranty periods vary with the type of issue. It is all detailed in the Warranty Guide.

Peter

Hello group, new member here. I have a 2017 Explorer that is having constant O2 sensor failures. I'm getting a P013C code. Last year I was traveling down the highway and hit a metal box. It shifted the exhaust pipes back and snapped off an O2 sensor. I did have a couple failures before the accident on another sensor. Are the ford sensors notorious for going out? Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Thanks- Andrew

Hello group, new member here. I have a 2017 Explorer that is having constant O2 sensor failures. I'm getting a P013C code. Last year I was traveling down the highway and hit a metal box. It shifted the exhaust pipes back and snapped off an O2 sensor. I did have a couple failures before the accident on another sensor. Are the ford sensors notorious for going out? Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Thanks- Andrew
Welcome to the Forum Andrew. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one on the same issue. Did you ever take it to the dealer for the previous code issues?
I don't know if this article is of any help. P013C O2 Sensor Slow Response - Rich to Lean (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

Peter

Back