P0193 reoccuring issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0193 reoccuring issue

rambrose1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
i own a 2004 explorer 4.0l v6, a few months ago my service engine light came on, and shortly after the car started to stall and have a rough idle. i went to autozone got an ODB scan and a p0193 code came up. I went ahead and replaced the fuel filter, which seemed to fix it. no stall, no service engine light. until today :splat:(1/2/14) the service engine light came back on but no stalling, YET. so i went back to auto zone and was told the p0193 code popped up twice, and there was a p1000 code. from what i read, it looks like the p1000 code should reset when the car is driven so im not too worried about that. I did some searching on the forum and for the P0193 issue (fuel rail pressure sensor) many people have said to replace the fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor. anyone have any opinions on this? and maybe have a reason as to why replacing the fuel filter seemed to solve the problem and now it may be back. and should i try to replace the fuel filter again or go right ahead for the fuel rail and temp sensor replace.

Thanks! :help:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i own a 2004 explorer 4.0l v6, a few months ago my service engine light came on, and shortly after the car started to stall and have a rough idle. i went to autozone got an ODB scan and a p0193 code came up. I went ahead and replaced the fuel filter, which seemed to fix it. no stall, no service engine light. until today :splat:(1/2/14) the service engine light came back on but no stalling, YET. so i went back to auto zone and was told the p0193 code popped up twice, and there was a p1000 code. from what i read, it looks like the p1000 code should reset when the car is driven so im not too worried about that. I did some searching on the forum and for the P0193 issue (fuel rail pressure sensor) many people have said to replace the fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor. anyone have any opinions on this? and maybe have a reason as to why replacing the fuel filter seemed to solve the problem and now it may be back. and should i try to replace the fuel filter again or go right ahead for the fuel rail and temp sensor replace.

Thanks! :help:
8 years and no answer....

8 years and no answer....
One way or another the problem is solved by now. In any case unless he put it in backwards or something it's not likely it was the filter. He'd have to check to see if the sensors are at least showing voltage to rule out a bad sensor. If the pressure is bad it could be fuel pumps, bad fuel lines, anything that restricts flow.

One way or another the problem is solved by now. In any case unless he put it in backwards or something it's not likely it was the filter. He'd have to check to see if the sensors are at least showing voltage to rule out a bad sensor. If the pressure is bad it could be fuel pumps, bad fuel lines, anything that restricts flow.
Replaced the sensor yesterday, so far no CEL

Back