P0307 Cylinder 7 Misfire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0307 Cylinder 7 Misfire

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited 5.0
So a couple nights ago I was out driving and my 2000 Explorer with the 302, and it started misfiring and threw code P0307. The next morning I started the normal checks. I swapped the ignition coils around thinking the coil was going out. That didnt change the misfire. Changed the spark plug. Same thing. Checked the wire. No issues. What would be the next step? My only idea is that my exhaust valve is stuck open so it isn't getting compression.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Swap the wire with another to see if that's working. You can listen to the injector to see if its clicking too, might be near impossible to get to #7 while its running though.

Swap the wire with another to see if that's working. You can listen to the injector to see if its clicking too, might be near impossible to get to #7 while its running though.
I did swap the wire. Also this is a 4 Injector Engine so if it was an issue both 8 and 7 would not be firing.

I did swap the wire. Also this is a 4 Injector Engine so if it was an issue both 8 and 7 would not be firing.

What... ? Your 5.0L V8 engine has 8 injectors, not 4.

What... ? Your 5.0L V8 engine has 8 injectors, not 4.
I am stupid. Yes it does have 8. But I figured it out. My cylinder 6 spark plug wire was shorting to the exhaust manifold.

Back