P0401 Help!!!!! 2004 Ford Explorer 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0401 Help!!!!! 2004 Ford Explorer 4.0

glarkin

Reaction score
Hi all, I am totally confused (which is not hard). I have a P0401 code on my 2004 Explorer with a V6 4.0 engine It has 100,000 miles. The car runs great. My confusion is how do I fix it. I have heard DPFE replace or EGR replace and also differencial pressure sensor clogged. I took the EGR valve off and tried to clean it, and put it back on but still got the CEL. My son is on leave and I want to get it fixed before he returns to Colorado.

My confussion,
Is the DPFE part of the EGR and not separate on a 04? Do I replace the EGR and that would take care of a faulty DPFE? Where do you get the part, anybody have a part number. Is the 2004 model different from previous models where the DPFE was separate?

Also what else could it be, is there a simple way to fix without paying someone a lot of money?

If the differencial pressure sensors are clogged, where are they?

Did I ask too many questions? If this has been resolved somewhere else, please let me know or please tell me how to fix. Thanks I am desparte to get this fixed before he returns. Thanks very much for your help.

Welcome to EF! I'm not too familiar with the DPFE, but you may want to try and use the search option and type in "DPFE" or "clean EGR". Maybe that will give you more info to work with. Good luck!

Thanks, I replaced the EGR and the light went out and everything is fine.

No es problema de la valvula egr, es problema del filtro que maneja la valvula esa o la entrada de aire del canister purge!

Limpien ambas piezas y debe de borrarse el "check engine".... Eso hice yo!

Saludos y alguien traduzcalo..porfavor

Back