Takumii.86

Reaction score
City, State
Alain
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2008 v6
Hi everyone i have a ford explorer 2008 v6 with 300,000 kms gcc specs Canadian
It reads p0620. Alternator circuit malfunctioning
It does sometimes like once a week but stays for days after i reset it shows again and again but today the car stopped working i was cruising at 60 mph and all of a sudden the rpm dropped and engine stopped i started again and it started but it showed the battery again and 2 years back even the battery exploded the mechanic told me it was because of the AC it was blowing hot so we turned off and on several times and boom car stopped and battery exploded he just changed the compressor and condenser and stuffs and it started showing tht thng later on and after 1 and half year today i experienced it shutting itself off theres another code for the 2nd gear ratio i think its the solenoid cus smtyms car jerks and the car goes neutral at times i think its the solenoid

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With that many miles, if the alternator is original, the brushes may be worn out. If they wear far enough, they can damage the rotor. Have you taken the alternator to have it tested?

With that many miles, if the alternator is original, the brushes may be worn out. If they wear far enough, they can damage the rotor. Have you taken the alternator to have it tested?
No i havent but its been running good and strong if the alternator was bad wont the car die with the battery running out cus its been 6 month i changed the batteries

No i havent but its been running good and strong if the alternator was bad wont the car die with the battery running out cus its been 6 month i changed the batteries
Yes but this is only one failure mode of an alternator and the most common one. They can also fail where the rectifier fails and puts alternating current into a direct current battery this is not good.

Start with getting the alternator tested if it tests good then you can move on from there.

Yes but this is only one failure mode of an alternator and the most common one. They can also fail where the rectifier fails and puts alternating current into a direct current battery this is not good.

Start with getting the alternator tested if it tests good then you can move on from there.
Can u please tell me of a simple method to test the alternator without any tools

Back