• Register Today It's free!

p062c

ronwc

Reaction score
City, State
Largo, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT
Just got a 2008 Explorer XLT with the 4.0. Ran good the first week or so, now intermittently the wrench light comes on and the code reads P062C. Can't find much info on it. Any help would be appreciated.

PS - Forgot to mention that the wrench came on first, then the check engine light, that why I think it has something to do with the TPS or throttle body itself. Runs rough and triggers the P062C code.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never dealt with this issue but I'm aware this is not a MIL for TPS or throttle body itself. P062C internal module vehicle speed performance error. Your concern would either be:
1. Module communications network
2. Output shaft speed sensor or turbine shaft speed sensor
3. ABS sensor.
you might consider bringing you car to a professional than hooking up with autoparts store and start throwing parts

Forgot to mention that the wrench came on first, then the check engine light, that why I think it has something to do with the TPS or throttle body itself. Runs rough and triggers the P062C code.

i have the same issue with my 06 explorer 4.0. speedometer got crazy jumping and car jerking same time with the speedometer.
any help please with any one got the same and fixed.

Turned out to be a fairly simple fix, changed alternator. Got it to an old time Ford mechanic, and he knew what it was right away. Said the alternator was not always showing bad, but voltage was not stable, would jump high and low intermittently. He changed it out and it ran perfect ever since then. Hope this helps you.

just to be sure, how much the fluctuation of the voltage of the old alternator and the voltage of the new one.
thanks for help.

I don't know exactly, all I know is that it wasn't stable. My gages would jump all over the place, the wrench light would come on, car would run very rough and would not accelerate.

Back