P0713 2010 Eddie Bauer 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0713 2010 Eddie Bauer 4x4

mKhalid

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Eddie Bauer
Hello Guys,

I am getting P0713 code every morning since last week with a yellow wrench sign on cold start, and the gear shifts hard from P to R or D. When driving shifting from 2 to 3 has a bumping feeling, but after driving around 15 minutes everything is back to normal.

Sometimes the ODBII scanner shows the transmission fluid temperature flicking from 0F to 8000F.

Is my transmission going bad, or could it be the solenoid pack or harness? I have already changed the fluid.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your truck could have one of 4 transmissions in it, do you know what transmission is in there? Is it front wheel drive?

I dont think the transmission is bad but it does sound like a bad sensor or connection problem, maybe even a faulty PCM.

The transmission is 5R55S, i believe it is front wheel drive. The PCM was changed last year.

The 5R55S is a rear wheel drive transmission, so if you think it's a front wheel drive it will be the 6T series, they do have problems with the TEHCM which is the PCM.

If it is rear wheel drive it's the 5R55S transmission and they have solenoid block and case connector issues.

Back