p1104

viper1314

Reaction score
City, State
weston,wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
98 exploer 4wd sport:

Today I had my buddy run a diagnostic check on my explorer due to the check engine light coming on, flashed code p1104 Which was about an upstream valve or hose either plugged or missing on the differential.

Any suggestions, he was stumped he found the hoses coming off them, one had a cap that would releave pressure the other one he said didn't have anything but was still hooked up ,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P1104 come again??? on the 94 x the axels do not have any kind of sensor (that is required to create a DTC in the PCM) attached to them except the abs sensors. So It probably has nothing to do with the axels at all It could be a egr valve or something but I am not totally sure I can have the ansewr tomorrow after work (around 7) that is if no one else comes up with it before then.

Nate

bump this old thread to see if anyone knows anymore about it.....check engine light still on from this code.

I just googled the error code and came up with this
P1104 MAF Ground Malfunction

that is differnt from the descrption in the book he read, but that is for sure the error code my explorer gave.

Could this be what is causing my bad gas mileage?

any help on how to fix this would be great.

Need to find a diagram of the MAF connector and see if the ground wire has continuity through it to ground. If not, you need to find out why and if it does, then most likely your MAF is bad.

-Drew

ps - moved this to EEC-V. Since the origional post, we've created sub-forums...this fits well for this sub-forum!

Thanks for the information....I hope it's not a bad maf, I figure one of those would be pretty pricey.

anyone know where a diagram for the maf is?

Back