• Register Today It's free!

p1762 new installed tranny

matter2012

Reaction score
City, State
Concord, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
hello, i just bought a used transmission from a parts dealer and had it installed i noticed it not shifting quite right but i figured it was some thing that would just go away after a week but on the second day i got a check engine light and i ran the code and get a p1762 code it goes in to the shop for a check up tomorrow any quick ideas? that i can try and find out what it is? im the type of guy that likes to now what is wrong with my truck even if i cant fix it myself lol thanks for the help in advance! its a 1998 x sport

Transmission problems rarely just go away. A used trans of that age is a gamble, it may be good or bad, hope it came with a warranty of some kind.

hope it came with a warranty of some kind.

i did buy it with a warranty b/c of the likeliness for it to fail just to be safe.

i also looked at the link that was sent in the reply and my truck does not have any of the symptoms of that except for the code (still has 2nd gear still has 3rd gear idk about the separator plate tho) thanks for the quick responses tho!

they also said that it looked to be rebuilt idk if that can cause some problems also?

Back