P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Issue

Narvell

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan City,IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Explorer Limited V6
I have a 2013 Explorer Limited 3.5. I'm getting code p2004. Where is the intake manifold runner control located?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just did a 'Search' for that code in this forum and your post is the only one that came up.
I don't know if you did a Google search or not but until someone with knowledge comes along, this may help, or not.
Says it is Bank 1

Peter

That code is indicating that the flaps inside the intake are not functioning properly. However you said you have the 3.5 Ecoboost correct? I don't believe that intake has IMRC but I could be wrong. When I removed mine and painted it I don't recall seeing anything like that. The non ecoboost 3.5 uses a plastic intake runner which may have this IMRC system.

Is your intake plastic or aluminum (Ecoboost)? I would check the wiring harnesses around the intake. What did you use to scan the vehicle?

That code is indicating that the flaps inside the intake are not functioning properly. However you said you have the 3.5 Ecoboost correct? I don't believe that intake has IMRC but I could be wrong. When I removed mine and painted it I don't recall seeing anything like that. The non ecoboost 3.5 uses a plastic intake runner which may have this IMRC system.

Is your intake plastic or aluminum (Ecoboost)? I would check the wiring harnesses around the intake. What did you use to scan the vehicle?
Non-ecoboost and plastic

Back