PA883 on 3rd gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PA883 on 3rd gen

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT
Ok, so i have a 2003 explorer. Everyone says that they cant find a lift kit for 3rd generation expo's. I seen someone on here who has an '05 explorer with a 3" lift kit on it from summitracing.com. Everyone has been using space lifters from roadbully and else where. I want to know exactly what this summitracing lift kit is. Is it better than the space lifters. Is it more difficult to install than the space lifters! What exactly is it? Please take a look at the summit racing lift kit and let me know what you think. Its at summitracing.com part number PA-883

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's a body lift, not a "suspension" lift like the spacers. That kit is used mainly on 2nd gen explorers and rangers. It could probably be easily modified to work on a 3rd gen though. You would just need to make your own bumper brackets, and maybe have to figure out an extension for the steering wheel shaft.

Im not sure but i dont think you can put a body lift on the 3rd generation explorers because they are unibodys.

Ben (roadbully) has a how to on body lift for a 3rd gen, look it up, might even be a sticky.

Back