Paint Colour | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paint Colour

I know that I spelt colour the wrong way for you guys/gals but have to get your attention somehow
anyway the question is very simple here in UK have bought x which is 1998 XLT 4sohc series II version but I have now idea what the paint colour codes are (no codes on vin) Ford uk are useless so I ask the question
The x is red metalic over silver/grey I have seen several over here the same colour so must be factory done but what are the ford colour codes?
Help very much appreciated so that I can maintain x in good order. Thanks in advance.
Howard

There is a sticker on the end of the drivers side door that should tell you your paint codes.

Originally posted by Hartman
There is a sticker on the end of the drivers side door that should tell you your paint codes.

It will not tell you the color name, only its code. Then take a look at http://www.paintscratch.com/ and match your vehicle and the code and get the paint name.

Good luck.....

I have looked but the kind people at Ford have neglected to put any stickers on the export RHD model.
Anyone with a similar x help please!
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the website I have now identified my colours as Toreador Red and Medium Platinum Met
Thanks for your help.

Back