• Register Today It's free!

Paint Popping Off

fjs0947

Reaction score
City, State
Hickory, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I have a 2013 explorer with the sensors on the bumpers that indicate when a vehicle is coming from the side that may hit you. The Explorer is out of warranty and has 47k miles. Unfortunately, the paint just "popped" off one of the sensors. The vehicle is black and of course the sensor is now white. Never been in an accident.

Ford Customer Service basically said "tough luck" and won't do anything. Escalating the problem met with the same results.

I have a 2013 explorer with the sensors on the bumpers that indicate when a vehicle is coming from the side that may hit you. The Explorer is out of warranty and has 47k miles. Unfortunately, the paint just "popped" off one of the sensors. The vehicle is black and of course the sensor is now white. Never been in an accident.

Ford Customer Service basically said "tough luck" and won't do anything. Escalating the problem met with the same results.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
It may be just as easy to just paint it yourself. All sensors come in white and have to be painted to match the body colour. I went through that when they had to replace the front right sensor on my 2011 Limited.
You can try contacting Tricia, the Ford Service rep on this forum to see if there is anything she can do for you. You can send her a PM using this link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

I'm guessing that the dealer is using this statement from the Warranty Guide;
Damage Caused by Use and/or the Environment
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover surface rust,
deterioration and damage of paint, trim, upholstery, and other
appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements.

Good luck.

Peter

Back