Painted Grill | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Painted Grill

Yeah..
This.
I pulled the Chrome one off mine, grabbed a Black sport grill, sanded it down, and painted Matte black.
And painted the bumper valence black too. The stock purple color was horrible..

NYSlCZGl.jpg

I like it :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like it :thumbsup:

Thanks, yours looks great since your truck is black, so it completes the black look. I was hesitant since mine is green, thinking there would be too much up front. Came out better than I expected.
Now I'm wondering.. should I put a billet grill in?

1hcsJo6l.jpg

10/10 Photoshop Skills right there.

Thanks, yours looks great since your truck is black, so it completes the black look. I was hesitant since mine is green, thinking there would be too much up front. Came out better than I expected.
Now I'm wondering.. should I put a billet grill in?

1hcsJo6l.jpg

10/10 Photoshop Skills right there.

Thanks, I went to oriely's and bought black paint that was the factory black of my mounty that way it will match the body better. Your's still turn out nice even tho the body is green. I think the billet grille would look nice on it. I just put some diamond steel mesh painted red behind my grille and I think it turned out pretty good. It makes the black pop a little more when you're standing in front of it, I'll post some pics tonight.

Thanks, I went to oriely's and bought black paint that was the factory black of my mounty that way it will match the body better. Your's still turn out nice even tho the body is green. I think the billet grille would look nice on it. I just put some diamond steel mesh painted red behind my grille and I think it turned out pretty good. It makes the black pop a little more when you're standing in front of it, I'll post some pics tonight.

That sounds like it'd look awesome, but it'd be a major clash of colors on my truck. :P

Now black out your rims and you're good to go.

That sounds like it'd look awesome, but it'd be a major clash of colors on my truck. :P

Now black out your rims and you're good to go.

I want to black out the rims but I have the stock mercury rims and I think they might look ugly black. What do you think?

I want to black out the rims but I have the stock mercury rims and I think they might look ugly black. What do you think?

Go for it.

Plasti_Dip.jpg

Try Plastidipping them. That way, they're black, but you can always peel it off if you don't like it.
I want to paint my rims black, but leave the caps chrome. In your case, I'd paint the caps red to match the red logo and grill.

Go for it.

Plasti_Dip.jpg

Try Plastidipping them. That way, they're black, but you can always peel it off if you don't like it.
I want to paint my rims black, but leave the caps chrome. In your case, I'd paint the caps red to match the red logo and grill.

Oh that sounds pretty sweet I think I'm going to do this when it gets warmer here

Here's the grille with the painted diamond steel mesh
001_zpscaae031c.jpg

002_zpse475f870.jpg

Cool !!! I love it. I have a thing for Black and Red.

I'd Like to think black and red goes together very well ! .
DSCF6848_zps8c2f7e4f.jpg

Oh I digging it man but you should paint the white body red that would look awesome

Oh I digging it man but you should paint the white body red that would look awesome

I liked the White , I ended up selling it earlier this year , it was a 2000 model , One Owner with title , I got decent money for it ,and sold it just how it looked in that pic , some minor upgrades and a fresh motor .

I liked the White , I ended up selling it earlier this year , it was a 2000 model , One Owner with title , I got decent money for it ,and sold it just how it looked in that pic , some minor upgrades and a fresh motor .

Ooh alright it looked good tho

Thanks man , I have built 4-5 of them in the past 4-5 years and Love 2 stroke quads !

No problem, yeah I got a buddy that builds quads up and cars then sells or trades them

No problem, yeah I got a buddy that builds quads up and cars then sells or trades them

That's pretty much what I do year round depending on how money is going .

Yeah you get some pretty decent cash when you do

oh yeah , With the right trades you can cash out very well , not sure if you have seen the Tv Show Barter Kings or not , but that's Pretty much what I do , Buy or Trade some smaller priced items and trade up to something worth more and then sell for good profit , then take some of the money and invest into something else . Sometimes it don't work to plan and you don't make a good profit , but as long as you don't loose money its not a major deal .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yeah , With the right trades you can cash out very well , not sure if you have seen the Tv Show Barter Kings or not , but that's Pretty much what I do , Buy or Trade some smaller priced items and trade up to something worth more and then sell for good profit , then take some of the money and invest into something else . Sometimes it don't work to plan and you don't make a good profit , but as long as you don't loose money its not a major deal .

If I had the money to start doing that kind of stuff I would because my dad has a decent size pull barn with all the tools for it so we could work on it there I just don't have the money to buy a car or anything to fix up and sell. But my friend Jake him and his dad have done 13 cars in the past 3 years and make pretty good money from it.
Oh and Happy New Year!

Back