painted hatch pillars, before and after | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

painted hatch pillars, before and after

heres some befores and after i painted my hatch pillars

BEFORE

Attachments

• before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 680

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

before 2

Attachments

• before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 630

after

after1

Attachments

• dcp_0010.jpg
    dcp_0010.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 639

after 2

Attachments

• dcp_0011.jpg
    dcp_0011.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 626

last one let me know what you think

Attachments

• dcp_0012.jpg
    dcp_0012.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 630

Hot Damn, man! Nice job! Didn't we just talk about this yesterday? Boy, you work fast. You don't mess around, do ya? :D

Looks great Ryan:D You do that yourself?

yeah did it myself today, took me like 5 hours. Yeah, i have been thinking about this for a long time but just now got the guts to attempt it...i think it came out nice.

thanks for the compliments

Did you use a shacker can?

yeah, i had some paint that was the same as my truck, so i figured ah what the heck. it was kinda a PITA but i think it was worth it, doing it only cost me $3 for another can of the paint...

I am thinking about doing that to my limited.Great job by the way.I just painted my bugsheild white the other day and it turned out great:D

if your going to do it only advice i can give you is MASK MASK MASK. i got soem overspray on some stuff but i quickly removed it with soem gas on a rag.. but MASK STUFF LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW my friend :)

Elite, how did you manage to paint the inside part of the rear hatch glass? Do you have pics of that?

Thanks for posting pics. My wife and I have had this discussion a few times about painting those pillers when we paint the entire truck. IMO, I don't like it at all. Sorry.

i just taped the part on the inside of the window off...i'll snap a copuple pictures of it.

i am glad i helped you decide. :)

I think it looks ok. Personally I like the Idea of painting it gloss black and make it kinda match the windows like the '02 4-doors. I think the black trim looks horrible. I like how x-factor got rid of his. But Leaving it on there just looks bad. It breaks it up.

EDIT- Sorry to dis your hard work. Other than that black trim is looks awsome. Now just get the trim painted white and it would be awsome!!:p

Great job painting it!! But IMHO, I'd stay black. I spray painted black metallic on those pillars and they look awesome. The body color on there made me think it was an XL 2-door at first until I saw the rims and the flares.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not bad.... It is different but in my opinion different is good so... :thumbsup:

Back